Need some objective advice...

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, here goes

I got my Mirena iud in the beginning of August. I bled for about 6 weeks (mostly brown spotting) until mid September. I have had no bleeding since so I don't know if I missed AF. However, for the past 2 weeks or so I've had a metallic taste in my mouth periodically with no bleeding or anything, sore nipples, extra discharge that's clear (my panties are wet all the time... And not in a good way lol) . I had sex a few days ago and it was a little painful and then afterwards I had some light bleeding. My strings feel shorter now. Am I crazy? Should I take a test? I don't want to buy one if there's no way I'm pregnant. Also I have a Pap test on Tuesday and I plan to ask then, just wanted some opinions. Thanks ladies
December 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM
With Mirena your periods will probably be irregular for 3-6 months or they may even stop. I think your body is still just adjusting.. but if you want to test and don't want to waste the money..head on over to your local dollar store! But since you're heading to the doctors on Tuesday..they can test you there (since you'll probably have to give a urine sample anyway) but they charge an arm and a leg to your insurance (or to you if you don't have any) for the exact same HCG test that's found in the dollar store!
December 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the minera as well, is it common to be pregnant on the minera? isnt it bad if you get pregnant for both you and the baby?

December 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
They say it's not too common, but I have heard of a lot of women getting pregnant on it, or the iud falling out and them not realizing it and getting pregnant.
December 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
#6 otw for us:)
Mirena is a hormones based iud, its totally normal for your body and cycle to change, if the string length seems off, please tell your doc! You don't want it to be "migrating" at all! Good luck!!
December 8th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks ladies! I had Mirena once before and didn't have these symptoms, just wanted to make sure it's normal I'll definitely ask at the dr on Tuesday
December 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFbear View Post
With Mirena your periods will probably be irregular for 3-6 months or they may even stop. I think your body is still just adjusting.. but if you want to test and don't want to waste the money..head on over to your local dollar store! But since you're heading to the doctors on Tuesday..they can test you there (since you'll probably have to give a urine sample anyway) but they charge an arm and a leg to your insurance (or to you if you don't have any) for the exact same HCG test that's found in the dollar store!
This is what I was thinking. Mirena can make you have pregnancy symptoms and I've seen a lot of girls have wacky cycles or skip periods on Mirena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobear5 View Post
They say it's not too common, but I have heard of a lot of women getting pregnant on it, or the iud falling out and them not realizing it and getting pregnant.
I've seen it happen on AIP quite a bit. I know it does happen sometimes.

I think I'd take a cheapie pregnancy test.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think it's common to not get a period when you have Mirena. I had it for 3 years and didn't have that problem.

I would probably take a test to be sure, though. Good luck!
December 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I had my pap yesterday and I asked my doctor and she didn't seem concerned and she didn't give me a pg test and said there wasn't a reason for one. So I'll probably get a dollar store cheapy just for my sanity thanks ladies!
December 11th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haent had a real period since PP when I had my daughter a year ago. But it's godo to know about a semi common effect with minera but i heard its bad if you get pregnant with one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search