Possibly pregnant, implantation bleeding?... and terrified!!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By topato

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I don't even know where to begin, only because I feel like I might be over thinking... but I'm driving myself insane!

When it comes to that time of the month, I'm like clockwork. I've never had an irregular cycle in my life. October and November I got it both between the 15th and the 20th (I don't even know the exact date off hand.) Last month I had sex right before and right after my period, both times starting without a condom and then using one about half way through (I know >_<) I'm not on any birth control at all and as far as I would be aware, the condom didn't break.
I still have about 5 to 10 days before I'm supposed to get my period, but on the 4th of this month I noticed a light pinkish blood after I used the bathroom. That alarmed me right away because I've never seen that before. I would hardly even call it bleeding. It lasted for maybe two hours before it stopped, I kept checking every time I used the bathroom. Should I be thinking that was implantation bleeding? It happened about 2 and a half weeks after my last period ended. Some things online that I read said that it was too early before my period for it to be implantation bleeding, but I wanted to see what you guys with experience thought! The 4th was the first and last day that it happened, It hasn't happened since.
There are a few more things though.
Saturday night (The 7th) my boyfriend was cooking dinner and I started to get this really weird, I don't even know how to explain it, excited feeling in my stomach/abs? It started out of no where and lasted for a good 20 minutes before I actually got sick. That kinda freaks me out as well. It felt like I had the worst butterflies in my stomach that I've ever had before. I only ate a few bites of dinner after being sick before I decided to stop eating and go lay down for a while, which seemed to help.
My breasts are also tender, but this would be the normal time for them to get sore before I get my period. Sometimes they don't hurt at all, sometimes they are unbearable, that is something that always varies.
I'm exhausted too, but that is a come and go thing for me, I think I'm anemic to begin with. But I slept great last night and actually took two naps today... and was still exhausted.
And lastly, I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but I've been SO THIRSTY for the past 6 hours. I've been chugging tea and water and chewing on ice cubes... and it just doesn't help! I've had times where I'm really thirsty, but nothing like this. It's obnoxious!
I'm 23 years old, been dating my boyfriend for about 8 months now... and I'm scared!!
I keep psyching myself out and I'm just putting myself in a big panic. I just wanted to pop on here and see what you guys thought?
And would it be too early to take a pregnancy test?
My boyfriend knows about everything that's going on, but I've told him not to think about it too much until I get my period... or don't. I've told that to myself too, but I'm clearly not listening to myself!!
December 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
AngelMommy413's Avatar Selah's Mommy
I think it's unlikely, but maybe you should take a test. If anything, just to give your mind ease~
I would wait to test for a few more days at least; it would probably be too early for a hpt to be accurate at all.

In the meantime, don't stress too much! Take care of yourself and listen to your body.
Whatever happens, we're here for you! Good luck and I hope the results are what you want!

(maybemommy413)

Last edited by AngelMommy413; December 10th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
December 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I've been waiting since the 4th to take a test! I've wanted to already but I was too scared to even buy one (or a million!) yet lol
I supposed I can hold off for a bit longer, I was originally going to wait until at least the 20th because if I don't get it by then, then there is an issue.

I'm trying not to stress out, but that seems to be coming naturally lol I've been listening to my body more than I ever have before at this point. That's why I'm afraid I may be somehow over thinking, but something is really telling me that I'm not over thinking at all. I've never had a little 'bleeding' spell like that before, not once in my life.
This wouldn't be something that I expected, or was even thinking about at all. I'm not in the best place to get pregnant, but I could also be in a worse place. I have an alright savings account, as does my boyfriend, and I know I would have all the support in the world, from both him and my family (after my families initial shock and disappointment of course). Just wanted to be married and planning this, not have it thrown at me.
I'll wait it out a few more days! Even though the past 6 days has already been killing me! lol I'm in a good mindset, but I won't lie when I say that I'm scared.
Thank you so much! It really means more to me than you know that I have someone to pop on and talk to!
December 10th, 2013, 06:57 AM
brandis's Avatar Veteran
I would think it's probably unlikely for you to ovulate that soon after your period ended. I've not had it that I know of, but I've heard of people having a little bleeding around ovulation and maybe that's what that was. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm not sure I'd worry in your situation. I'd still test to be sure closer to period time.

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #10

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 07:36 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i've been where you are, and it's easy to get worked up. i'm honestly glad you found this site, its a great place to vent this kind of anxiety, while getting some third party perspective in the process.

anyway, here are my thoughts.

if you had your period on october 15, then again on november 15, or thereabouts, then you have a 31 day cycle. you most likely would ovulate right in the middle of that, so, cycle day 15 or 16. that would put ovulation at november 29 or 30. so if you had sex right after your period, and your flow ended on the 20th, you were still like 9 or 10 days before ovulation. that's too early for conception to occur-- sperm can live up to around 5 days in your body, though, so keep that in mind in the future if you're not on bc!!

beyond that, implantation typically happens *about* a week after ovulation. so, if your ovulation date is the 29th, that makes your implantation date of november 4th pretty early.

so unless i have my facts wrong, my educated guess is that you didn't conceive this month. and honestly, your stress is probably having an effect on your body. the symptoms you are feeling may or may not be associated with your cycle, but since you're worried about this, you're connecting them. know what i mean?

if you hang out on this forum long enough, you'll see how common that is. it's happened to practically all of us! haha

anyway, if i were you, i'd hit up a dollar store for a cheap pregnancy test just to give you piece of mind. although... i'd wait until AT LEAST saturday to test if you're thinking your period's due on monday.
December 10th, 2013, 07:45 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandis View Post
I would think it's probably unlikely for you to ovulate that soon after your period ended. I've not had it that I know of, but I've heard of people having a little bleeding around ovulation and maybe that's what that was. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm not sure I'd worry in your situation. I'd still test to be sure closer to period time.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I think the timing sounds more like ovulation spotting. I think it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant because of the timing of when you had sex and the fact that you used a condom. I know you said you used it half way through but if he hadn't ejaculated yet, I think you're fine.

I get ovulation spotting alot and it is just like you described. It's usually just one episode or two of spotting.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
AngelMommy413's Avatar Selah's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose68 View Post
I've been waiting since the 4th to take a test! I've wanted to already but I was too scared to even buy one (or a million!) yet lol
I supposed I can hold off for a bit longer, I was originally going to wait until at least the 20th because if I don't get it by then, then there is an issue.

I'm trying not to stress out, but that seems to be coming naturally lol I've been listening to my body more than I ever have before at this point. That's why I'm afraid I may be somehow over thinking, but something is really telling me that I'm not over thinking at all. I've never had a little 'bleeding' spell like that before, not once in my life.
This wouldn't be something that I expected, or was even thinking about at all. I'm not in the best place to get pregnant, but I could also be in a worse place. I have an alright savings account, as does my boyfriend, and I know I would have all the support in the world, from both him and my family (after my families initial shock and disappointment of course). Just wanted to be married and planning this, not have it thrown at me.
I'll wait it out a few more days! Even though the past 6 days has already been killing me! lol I'm in a good mindset, but I won't lie when I say that I'm scared.
Thank you so much! It really means more to me than you know that I have someone to pop on and talk to!
It sounds like you're in a pretty good place right now. Like the posts above, I think it's unlikely and you shouldn't worry too much, but if the test does return positive in a few days, you got this! Even though you're scared, you are capable of more than you know.
With my first pregnancy, I was at 21 and had just been married. I was in school with hardly any savings between us. But things began to work themselves out. This board helped me soo much~ Having people to talk to about this is so comforting. A lot of people on here have gone through the same situation, too.

(maybemommy413)
December 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandis View Post
I was thinking this too. I'd wait till our period is closer and test.
December 10th, 2013, 04:08 PM
You all are a life saver! Helps put me at ease a bit more lol
I've never heard of ovulation spotting, that's never once happened to me before.
I had the worst heartburn last night though. I've never had it like that before, but I know that can be stress related too. Fighting off a cold doesn't help either!
I will wait for a bit longer, but I'm going to test for sure. I've had sex more than just the two times I had mentioned, but I don't remember when those were.
Should I go for a "good costly" test or cheaper ones? A friend of mine told me to get a bunch of dollar store tests now and see what came up. But I'm not sure that I like that idea lol
Thank you all so much, I'm not panicking as much as yesterday lol
December 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM
a lot of ladies on here swear by the dollar store tests. they're sensitive, and pretty accurate! that's the way i'd go.

edit to add: but i'd still wait a few days in your situation! testing too early is a waste of a test, regardless how little you've spent on it, lol
mamatomany likes this.
December 11th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I think I'll do that then!
Yeah, I think that I'm going to wait until sunday to take one and then if it's negative, I'll retake sometime during the week if I feel I need to, just to be completely sure. I've been trying to keep myself occupied so I don't let my mind go too much lol I have a work party friday night that I've been focused on thinking about!

I've had heartburn almost all day today though, that's never happened to me before. I missed my work out class tonight because I felt sick and dizzy. I had just been really stuffy and sneezy the past few days from this cold, so I took dayquil about an hour or so before I was supposed to leave for the class, my nose unstuffed a bit but everything else started feeling worse. At this point if I'm not pregnant, I really feel like something else may be wrong =( I've never felt quite like this before, I don't feel normal at all. It also terrifies me more to see doctors XD I'm not much of a fan of them! I think I can go down in the guinness book of world records for binge eating the most Tums of all time at this point lol
Now to wait a few more days!
December 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think the dollar store tests would be the way to go. I think they are fairly sensitive and work. Keep us posted.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Regular
I'm going to speak from experience and say that the whole ovulation/end period thing is NOT the same for everyone. Trust your instincts, I did.

My last period started on August 4th and I knew instinctually on the 16th. If you look back through my posts, you'll see when I was questioning it and what others had to say, oh that it was too early etc. I didn't have sex the remainder of the month, either.

September 1st is when I got my first postive, though I am sure had I tested the week beforehand it would have come up.
December 12th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Are you saying that you got your period while you were pregnant? and just didn't realize or find out until later on?
I'm sorry if I'm not reading your post correctly lol
That's one thing that I've thought about, that if I take a test and it turns out to be negative and I get my period soon after... should I take that as a 100 percent I'm not pregnant, or should I test again later on anyways? I know a friend of mine still got her period when she was pregnant and because of that she didn't think she was.
I know it's been talked about a bit on this posting, but I just don't understand how I bled two weeks after my period ended which was almost 2 weeks before I was (am) supposed to get it again. Doesn't that tend to happen closer to the end of your period if it's ovulation bleeding? or is it just different for everyone? And it can just randomly happen out of no where like it did for me? I just can't stop thinking that I've never had that happen before in the 12 years I've been having that time of the month lol
I understand everything that everyone on here has said, I just can't help thinking about things. It all makes sense... and it doesn't at the same time lol
December 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
nope, ovulation's usually right in the middle. november 4th could very well have been the day you ovulated. now, implantation usually happens closer to when af is supposed to show up, maybe that's where you're getting confused.

if you dtd right after your flow stopped, you would have had to ovulate right around then too, which makes the 4th something like 14 days past ovulation, which seems kind of late for implantation. plus, you said your periods are very regular... so i doubt this is the case. you would be having a randomly really short cycle.

i mean, you can always take a test now if you're worried that the spotting you saw was actually implantation. if you ovulated early enough for implantation to have occurred on the 4th, you'd *definitely* get a positive result by now if you are actually pregnant-- because technically, you'd already be quite a bit late.

ovulation spotting isn't something that happens to everybody, and it doesnt even have to happen every time for the women that do get it. it's possible you've had it and never noticed it-- it took me years to realize that i sometimes get ovulation spotting! i just happened to catch it in an instead cup one month, and then kept an eye out for it.

but, there are other reasons you might have breakthrough bleeding... like irritation to the cervix during sex.

i'm still of the opinion that you aren't pregnant, but that you should test on saturday.

Last edited by topato; December 12th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search