How do you feel about the pull out method?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you trust it? Do you use it? Have you ever used it?

I know what everyone says about the pull out method but that's what we use and I trust it. I've never gotten pregnant using the pull out method. I have a couple oopsie babies but they were conceived when he didn't pull out and we just chanced it. I can't take hormonal birth control. I've tried quite a few times and it always makes me really sick and gives me HORRIBLE migraines. And, I hate condoms so this is what we use. We combine this with watching my fertile signs and where I'm at in my cycle but we dtd nearly every day and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. LOL. Oh, should I go knock on some wood.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
That's what we've used for the last 3 years. We didn't get pregnant with #1 till we started to try and #2 is a surprise but we decided to risk it on our honeymoon and didn't pull out. It's worked for us, dh has a lot of control and we've never had a close call with him not pulling out on time. I think we will do something else for birth control after the new baby is here, I can't so hormonal birth control but I can't risk getting pregnant too soon again.

December 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
I've never used it, but I've always heard it can be greatly effective. I have always wondered one thing though...where does your guy finish?
December 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did it for the longest time before we went into NTNP in 2011 for our first

December 18th, 2013, 09:04 PM
JennyForrest's Avatar 2014 IS OUR YEAR!
I always here jokes about it not working, but DH and I used it for the past 3 years and never got pregnant.

December 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Veteran
We have always used it and have never gotten pregnant. I think it works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennhowru View Post
I've never used it, but I've always heard it can be greatly effective. I have always wondered one thing though...where does your guy finish?
My dh always finishes on my stomach or back area depending on the position. That's really the only down fall, there is always a clean up after for us.
December 18th, 2013, 09:58 PM
JennyForrest's Avatar 2014 IS OUR YEAR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint22 View Post
We have always used it and have never gotten pregnant. I think it works pretty well.

My dh always finishes on my stomach or back area depending on the position. That's really the only down fall, there is always a clean up after for us.
That's what we did too.

December 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I've only used it a handful of times and I've never really liked it. too messy.
December 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did reseearch on this because a guy in a group I belog to was being a jerk about anything other than sterilization or condoms for birth control. The stats show that in a committed relationship it is a very effective form of birth control. It doesn't work for "one night stands" or teens because of lack of control and commitment/understanding of the reasons pregnancy should be avoided. We use it at times. I also have a friend that is SUPER fertile and got pregnant even with her tubes tied and her husband having a vasectomy! The only form of BC that worked for them 100% (until she got her tubes re-tied and "burned") was "pull and pray".

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
We used it without an oops or scare for 6 1/2 years until we decided to try for another
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

December 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
That's always been what we've used, and we never had an oops. I think it's very effective if you do it properly. I have never had an interest in trying birth control pills or similar contraceptives.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
December 20th, 2013, 03:40 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Yes, it works if your SO has control and pulls out in time, than its very effective.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
December 20th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, the pull out method has never appealed to me. That's one of my favorite parts of DTD. I feel like pulling out would ruin it? Maybe I'm weird?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search