Odd cycle or what?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Here's just some background before I launch into this rant/question. I joined this site when I had an odd cycle and was 18 (or 17?) years old at that point, I was young and dumb with a boy that was not even worth my time (looking back of course). The last time that me and him were together, I got pregnant, and miscarried at seven weeks. A year passes and I got in a new relationship with a wonderful man that I worked with and he adored me. We broke up in April (and since have gotten back together, more later). Anyways, I had a super odd cycle after switching bcps, thought I was pregnant, and I wasn't. Got a period May 27th, and didn't have one until October 6th. Me and SO, I really can't describe what our relationship is other than that, officially got back together right before he shipped out for boot camp in November, but had been "seeing" each other since July. Anyways, during the period that we weren't together, I decided I'm done with hormonal birth control, and I told him I can't be on bcps anymore (me+bcps=horrible). So he surprised me and his family at Christmas and was home for almost three weeks, during which we were very active, but not trying, not preventing.

Where I'm going with this is, I know when I ovulate. I have horrible cramps that render me almost useless and they only last that day. So I ovulated on Dec. 27th, we'd done the deed on the 26th, also on 27th, and 28th with no real birth control method (pull out or nothing at all). I get what seems to be a really light and spotty AF on Jan. 2nd (in the middle of doing the deed none the less), and it lasts four days, but it's about five days early from what a "normal" cycle would be. Don't think much of it at the time. Jan. 17th, I wake up to weird dark brown, almost black spotting, kind of like a weird cm/tar-like looking texture, no cramping. It stays about the same or lighter flow wise all throughout my work day, I didn't even fill a panty liner in the full day, a drop here or there, that's how light this was. I get home and I'm laying in my bed watching a movie when I get this like vaginal cramping and I get up and go to the bathroom thinking AF is making a *really* early appearance, nope. I had, what I describe as a thick mucous-y brown thing, on my panty liner. Like it was cm, but dark brown and really thick, kinda lumpy (tmi, I took it between toilet paper, which is how I determined the cm like texture, cuz I was totally weirded out). Never had it this thick or brown, red and clear yes, never dark brown. Saturday, the 18th, I have a baby shower to go to at 1:30, it's my day off so I don't get up until about eleven. Overnight, literally nothing on my panty liner. Have a little on my panty liner when I get up to work a graveyard shift at 11pm. Nothing more than a dime size spot. Get home from work on Sunday the 19th, I've got about a half dollar size spot on my panty liner. All this time I'm thinking, this is freaking weird. I've never had anything like this. And it was completely stopped when I woke up on Sunday evening.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had anything like this, and what it meant for you? Pregnant, something else going on down there? I just need someone to quell the thoughts in my head which are constantly bouncing back and forth between pregnancy and something being wrong down there. I know I should just call my doc, but I've seen her at least five times in the last five months and I really want to avoid seeing her until my yearly in April if possible.
January 23rd, 2014, 06:35 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
So you went off of BCP in November? Because your cycles can be really wonky after that. You can have weird discharge, weird periods, pregnancy-like symptoms, you name it. And you may not have ovulated when you thought you did.

If you're sure that you did ovulate in Dec., and you had unprotected sex during that time, then there's a higher chance you could be pregnant.

But you said you visited your OB 5 times in 5 months. Were you having other health issues during that time?
January 24th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Sounds like a weird cycle to me, as annoying as that is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search