pregnant??

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
So I'm 18, I have been having sex since 16. With the same guy. I was on birth control for the entire time but went off when we broke up..January 1st I had sex with a friend (a one time thing) and I was a week late for my period January 14th is when I got it. I was due the 9th. It was a normal flow and lasted a normal amount of time. Then two weeks later I noticed I got bloating pretty bad, then actually got an early period. February 2nd. Its currently still going. As a regular period. I was traveling so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? Also I have a severe case of mono..I haven't had really any other symptoms other than bloating and tender breast but I'm wondering if that's because of the early menstruation? What I'm asking is do you believe I could be pregnant? What would cause such an early period? Being a little late in January? If I would have gotten my period when I was due in January I was supposed to get my period on the 5th or 6th of February I think. Oh and I've been nauseous but might just be from stressing out.

Last edited by airmen18; February 6th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
February 6th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I would stop by a dollar store and pick up a cheap test just to rule it out, but it sounds like a hellish stress period that I would sometimes get. I don't know if my hormones were off or my thyroid was being weird, but those would only happen when I got stressed.

I have a friend that has finished a 30+ day period, stopped, and got another a couple weeks later. That was due to her thyroid.

Take a test to rule that out because some women bleed in pregnancy. If it says negative and you bleed longer than 2 weeks, get an appointment to get tested. Your hormones may be out of wack, and your OB can help with that. That's what I would personally do.

Wanted to add: coming off birth control can make your body act weird. I have no experience there, but that's what I hear.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
February 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll definitely try a test. Its pretty nerve racking but I guess its better to know for sure than to wonder. I have been extremely stressed lately, not to mention sick with mono. Not sure if that messes with periods or not? It's been since August that ive gone off birth control but when we did have sex January 1st he wore a condom and pulled out and just went on my stomach...TMI sorry but I'm not sure if that gives any chance of pregnancy there?
February 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Maybe if there was a hole in the condom. I would think you weren't. BC can take a long time to leave your system. I've known people to remain messed up from it for literally years.

Periods while you are sick is the worst thing! I hope you feel better soon!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

February 6th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I blew into the condom to check and make sure it wasn't broken. So I don't believe it was broken. Maybe something else is gping on. Do you know of anything else can cause an early period?
February 6th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
For me, stress. I once ended a period, applied for a job, and the sheer amount of stress I had worrying if I got it brought on bleeding 2 weeks after the end of the last, and the duration of that "period" was around 80 DAYS. I had similar funky periods at the beginning of almost every school year, throughout many jobs, etc. I have an anxiety disorder that does it. SUCKS.

But it can be many things. It could be thyroid, hormones adjusting, pregnancy. I lean toward crazy hormones when most people ask me when they have this problem. Most of their OB's said it, too, 'hormonal in cause.' But I can't tell you for sure. Not an OBGYN. Just have some experience.

February 6th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much! you were a lot of help!
February 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Wanted to add: coming off birth control can make your body act weird.

It can take some time for your body to readjust back to a normal cycle. Did for me each time I was on BC. Could be that, could be the stress, and could be a mix of both. I don't think you're pregnant. Best of luck!

February 6th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sure thing! Feel better soon!

Tags
irregular period , pregnancy , teenage help

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search