What is going on?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By horseshoe
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2014, 07:19 AM
First of all sorry if this went to the wrong thread I wasn't sure where to put it!

I'd like some advice, I'm away right now in a remote area with no access to a Doctor or a pregnancy test or my long term partner for that matter.
Anyways, so I am 26 years old, I have been on birth control pills non stop for 12 years now with my latest brand being Alesse 21 which I have been on for over a year now.
My last pack my 'period' came one week early for some reason but it was much lighter than usual, I think it's possible I took a couple pills at the wrong time. So I had my period early and then on my week when I should have had my period I didn't bleed nor was I taking any pills. Then I was to start my current pack of pills on January 26 however I missed the first 3 days or so, I had gotten confused with the early period thing (something that hasn't happened to me before) and I messed up, something I haven't done in 12 years of taking pills. So that was basically 12 days without taking a pill. So when I clued into this mess up I took two pills at once took one the following day then once again missed a couple. All this time I was having unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend. We have sex a bare minimum of once a day so...lots of sex haha sorry if TMI! I of course told him about the pill mishap, we continued to have sex and he surprised me a few days in a row with finishing inside me about 3 more times. By this point I was feeling strange...For the last month I have been feeling off an on a light pain on the right side of my lower abdomen (like pelvic/ovary region) also for about a month my breasts have been INSANELY sensitive like nothing I have experienced before, these past two weeks I have been beyond tired, extremely nauseous (although no vomiting), bad headache which I think is from smelling things extra well. I began to get suspicious I may be pregnant and I read my BC pill pack and it said to stop taking the pills if I suspected, I have been wanting to get off BC pills forever anyways one a week into my pack I stopped taking them. I then went away for work March 3rd, I have been having pregnancy symptoms but I don't "feel pregnant" and honestly am convinced I can't be pregnant (I've just always had a feeling it's going to be hard for me to get pregnant...don't ask I know that sounds nuts) so have been constantly googling things such as pregnancy symptoms versus coming off of birth control pill symptoms. Fast forward to yesterday and I ended up bleeding quite lightly at first but then heavy for about 3 hours (dark red/brown most of the time) then light again and after 1.5 full day of this it stopped. I have had 0 back ache or the pain cramps I normally get with my period. Normally I can't function for at least one day of my period because my back hurts so much but didn't have any of that. Now I am still nauseous, I have light cramps and I'm so incredibly tired. have to sit and wait until March until I am anywhere near a drug store or Doctor or my boyfriend to find out what is going on truly. I am fairly convinced I'm not pregnant but would love some input from you ladies!
Now I am worried what the outcome will be. I am terrified of becoming a Mom, I feel as though this would be the end of our lives essentially (we travel a lot, go out lots etc) but I want to be a Mom so badly. My boyfriend knows he wants us to have kids but he thought (as did I) that we would be waiting a bit longer. In any case he supports me 100% but I know in his heart he is scared and would prefer to wait. We both have good careers/jobs but he still worries about our careers, finances etc that it isn't the right time. I feel that way too but then people tell me there is never a right time.
On a side note I am off the pills still and I feel the most clear headed, happy, and emotionally "level" that I have in about ten years. I just feel really amazing! I have never been a fan of the fact that I was on BC pills as they usually made me feel sad or crazy most months were an emotional roller coaster, although Alesse has so far given me the best success, so this is just bliss! I never ever cared about babies, I mean I always thought they were cute but ever since I turned 25 I'm so baby obsessed...that "internal ticking clock" people talk about is actually real. haha! Sorry off topic!
Anyways I would love some input...do you think my body is just going through some hormonal troubles OR possibly pregnancy?
February 10th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Well, you definitely could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex after missing pills. You could also be just having a weird cycle because of coming off birth control.

There really is no way to tell without taking a test. If you are not having sex now and think you might be pregnant, I would definitely not take any more pills till you know for sure. You're just going to have to wait till you are able to take a test. I know it sucks, but no one will be able to tell you if you are pregnant or not.

Can you have someone mail you a test?
February 13th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Haha I figured it was a hard thing to guess! No I am not having sex and I did stop taking my pills just to be safe. Which by the way coming off of my birth control pills was the BEST thing I have ever done! I have never felt so happy and my skin seems better I just don't have the emotional ups and downs that I always did with my BC pills!

Nope, I don't have an ability to get any mail or anything until Maybe the very end of the month at the very earliest.
February 13th, 2014, 05:47 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I would take a test, that's really the only way to be certain. Good luck to you.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
February 14th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks very much! Now I just feel like it was probably from coming off my BC pills, I just doubt I'm pregnant but I think I will test anyway. I have to say I will be quite sad if I'm not pregnant as it would have been a nice (albeit shocking) surprise.
February 16th, 2014, 05:53 AM
If the last time I had sex was the early morning of Feb 3rd and my period is SUPPOSED to show up this week is it too early to take a pregnancy test right now? If so, how much longer should I wait? I'm not able to get my hands on a pregnancy test yet but I am curious.
February 18th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Anyone???
February 18th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Super Mommy
Horseshoe,
It's less about when you had sex and more about when you ovulated and when your period is due. If your period is due in the next five days or so I would go ahead and take a cheap dollar store test, but I'm an early test. If it was me I would take one each morning and watch for a faint line. Of course, you can also just wait and see if you end up being late before you test.
February 18th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks very much! As I have been on birth control since I was 14 I haven't properly ovulated since prior to going on BC pills. So it's all quite confusing. If I was on pills still my period should be showing up this week I should be able to get my hands on a test by the weekend so I will try then!
February 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Super Mommy
I hope you get the result you're hoping for.

As an aside, try not to think about it much at this point or discuss it with your boyfriend anymore, since it's stressing him out. Hormonal birth control can cause a host of strange symptoms and since you've had a bunch of off and on days with it, it may be that it's messed up your hormones and makes you feel off and have weird bleeding.
February 19th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks very much

Yeah, inside of me I don't "feel pregnant" I just think it's unlikely. I'm nauseous everyday, extremely tired everyday and eating different foods. But I also work very long days so who knows. However, I'm still taking the precautions (eating well, taking vitamins, and not drinking alcohol although I don't drink or smoke anyways, all I ever drink is water so that's not difficult). I stopped talking about the situation with my boyfriend about four days ago and don't plan on bringing it up again until I know for sure yes or no.
mamatomany likes this.
February 19th, 2014, 09:09 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think it's going to be impossible to know what's going on without taking a test. With all the stopping and starting of your pills, I'm not surprised your cycles are messed up and you are having all these symptoms. Whenever you go off the pill, your body tries extra hard to start regulating itself again and that can cause a lot of pregnancy-like symptoms. But, since you did miss pills and had unprotected sex it's definitely possible you could be pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatomany View Post
Horseshoe,
It's less about when you had sex and more about when you ovulated and when your period is due. If your period is due in the next five days or so I would go ahead and take a cheap dollar store test, but I'm an early test. If it was me I would take one each morning and watch for a faint line. Of course, you can also just wait and see if you end up being late before you test.
Yes, and no, but if she hasn't had sex in over two weeks there wouldn't be a new opportunity to get pregnant. I mean if she ovulated after February 3 it may not matter because she wasn't having sex at that time anyway.

I think if you take a test now, you'll know if you are pregnant or not. Seeing as a test, isn't possible though, you'll just have to live as if you are until you know for sure. Hopefully your AF will arrive and put your mind at ease, but your cycles may take a little while to get back to normal after stopping the pill.
mamatomany likes this.

February 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the reply! I completely agree with you!

Last edited by horseshoe; February 19th, 2014 at 02:38 PM.
February 21st, 2014, 05:30 AM
This waiting game in UNREAL! I have no idea how you ladies who are actively trying to conceive manage to say sane through this whole process. No sign of my period that should have showed up today...so that is.......5 weeks without a period now except for that one day of bleeding a couple weeks ago. Although I have been more crampy this week (not crazy painful cramps like that of a period...but mild period like cramps..) Hopefully will be able to get a test today!

I was also wondering...everyone says it is best to take a HPT in the morning...well is that actual morning or just when you wake up? I wake up around midnight to start work so should I take it then at my morning or wait until actual morning? So confusing.
February 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
When you wake up.

[/URL]Renee
February 21st, 2014, 01:37 PM
Thank you!

Well my heart just sank...I went to the bathroom and went to shower and I had a tiny bit of brown discharge. Not at all enough to show on my underwear but I saw on the TP. So I feel like AF is coming. So sad.
February 23rd, 2014, 11:17 PM
Took a test and it was negative.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search