Possibly pregnant, completely confused.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I guess I'll start with explaining that I'm going through an emotional roller coaster right now, some of which can be explained away by things going on in my life, and some of which cannot. I realized that I had missed quite a few of my birth control pills, like 4. And so I just basically quit taking them, because that is what you're supposed to do if you miss 3 or more. The moodiness was what I noticed first, I was getting irrationally irritable and I just feel like I have no control over my emotions. Then I got the 'just feeling pregnant' thing. And then I started noticing the rest of the symptoms that I've noticed, which consist of:
  • Tiredness.
  • Dizziness.
  • Frequent urination.
  • Excessive thirst (This was a weird one, that if I hadn't had so many others, I wouldn't have even thought to see if it was a symptom.)
  • Sore breasts.
  • Nausea.
  • Sensitivity to smells.
  • Gas.
  • Hot flashes.
  • Sleeplessness.
  • Diarrhea. (Sorry... a little )
  • Increased cervical fluid.
  • Strong smelling urine.
  • My breasts and abdomen itch a lot.
  • And the bumps around my nipples are increased...
  • I've thrown up multiple times in the last couple of days.
Then three days ago, I spotted, light bleeding, just enough that when I wiped I could see it, it wasn't going onto a liner it was that light. And then the next day I had no bleeding at all. Then yesterday I started bleeding again, a more medium flow. And I'm still bleeding today. I've read that this can happen if your body doesn't produce enough of the hcg hormone to stop your regular period. So does it seem like I could be pregnant? And if so, how long should I wait to try a home pregnancy test so that it might actually show positive if I'm pregnant??? Help???
Also, my period isn't due until Wednesday, which is part of the reason that I'm concerned. Even when I wasn't on birth control my periods are still darn near exactly on time, one day early, or late but my cycle is 28 days, and its really rare for it to be early or late other than one day wiggle room in each direction.

Last edited by bookworm_9012; February 24th, 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
February 24th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you aren't pregnant with the medium flow bleeding. I suspect your symptoms will start tapering off today. If they don't, (specifically the sore breasts and puking) then I would take a test. Otherwise, I don't think you are.
February 24th, 2014, 09:04 PM
My flow has gone from medium to light. Barely reaching a pad... So the medium flow was for about a day and a half. I'm going to test in the morning, it would only be a day before I would typically be expecting my period. And I have a Dr. Appt for something totally different, but think I'll be asking them if they can do a blood test, because they detect smaller amounts of the hcg hormone right? I hate the waiting game... and I hate doubts as well. My mom told me that when she was pregnant with me she had period like bleeding also, so right as I was beginning to think I'm not, she gave me reason to believe I still could be. I'm not really hoping to be, but it would be okay if I am. Just an extra tid bit of info.
February 25th, 2014, 06:24 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
When did you stop taking your birth control all together? To me it sounds like you're having breakthrough bleeding. Whenever you stop taking the pill, it can cause you to have pregnancy-like symptoms. It's because your body is trying to start regulating itself again and it can make your hormones out of wack in the process and cause you to have pregnancy like symptoms. We see it all.the.time on this board. It's very common. I think that's probably what's going on. I think a blood test will reassure you but most of the name brand pregnancy tests are nearly as sensitive as a blood test so if you wanted to, you could just pick up a test. It should give you accurate results.
MoreThanEnough likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 25th, 2014, 08:46 AM
The first week of the birth control pills was when I missed four. When I realized I did, I took two, then proceeded to miss another day. I then just threw all the ones I had missed away. I took one, and then another the next day. And then stopped taking them. I know that getting off birth control can cause breakthrough bleeding, but I've been on and off of it for 9 years now, and I've never had a problem with my period being so out of whack after having messed up and quit it. And also, I'm now not bleeding at all again. I tested this morning, and there did seem to be a very faint line... Like, if you squinted at it... I tried to take a picture of it, but you couldn't see it at all on the picture... I know it could just be my imagination, and I'll believe the results of the blood test either way.
February 25th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I think you're probably not pregnant and you're having a weird cycle coming off the pills. You could take a test to ease your mind now, but I really believe that things will settle down for you soon.
KMH likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search