Possibility of pregnancy, could I be pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone!

So.... I am curious if I could be pregnant. Here are the details, any thoughts would be great!

I have always had a fairly regular menstrual cycle, I know when my period is usually going to begin (I can identify the feelings). On 3/16 my husband and I had unprotected intercourse and I am not on birth control, nor have I been in several years. My period was expected to begin any day the week of the 17th and on the 20th I started having small amounts of brown discharge (not smelly and it is only notable when I wipe). There hasn't been any red blood. Currently, this has been going on for almost 4 days, could this be implementation bleeding? Does implementation bleeding last for longer then 1 day typically? I am extremely excited (and hopeful) to be pregnant but I know 8 days is too soon to take a home test. I haven't noticed any nausea or headaches or any other symptoms. Could I be pregnant or is this just an irregular period?

Thank you in advance!
March 23rd, 2014, 08:49 PM
Regular
How long are your cycles? And when did your last one start?
March 23rd, 2014, 09:27 PM
I think my cycles are 28 days long and my LMP started 2/8 ended 2/23. My period will usually last for 5-6 days and it is a heavy flow. I typically ovulate in the beginning of the month.

Last edited by Hannah_Johnson; March 23rd, 2014 at 09:29 PM.
March 23rd, 2014, 09:36 PM
Regular
You could take a pregnancy test or wait a few days. If it was implantation bleeding you might get a very faint positive. Only time will tell if you're pregnant or not. Have you missed your period? If so then it is time to test.
March 23rd, 2014, 09:43 PM
Normally, my period would have arrived a few days ago but I am not counting only on that because I know that there are several factors that can play into a womans period being late or off. I am not declaring it absent until March 31st haha. I have been thinking about a test but I was thinking it was too early. Also, would increased urination be a symptom that is prominent this early?
March 25th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
If your period was due on or around 3/17 and you had sex on 3/16, I doubt you would have gotten pregnant from that. Do you know when you ovulated?
March 25th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I think I ovulated earlier in the month. My period was due a little later in the week, not exactly on the 17th. I have not had irregular periods since I was a teenager and I just thought it was weird that I still haven't gotten it. Time will tell!
March 26th, 2014, 12:53 AM
From you symptom it is difficult say that are you really pregnant or not. I think you should wait for 21 days and check pregnancy. You will get the exact result.
March 26th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah_Johnson View Post
I think I ovulated earlier in the month. My period was due a little later in the week, not exactly on the 17th. I have not had irregular periods since I was a teenager and I just thought it was weird that I still haven't gotten it. Time will tell!
If you ovulated earlier in the month then there isn't any way that you can be pregnant because your egg can only live from 12-24 hours. The only way you could be pregnant is if you ovulated later in your cycle. Sperm can live longer (around 5 days) but only in the right conditions (fertile cm needs to be present). Also it is possible you are just having a wonky cycle (most women usually do at least once in their lives).

My Ovulation Chart

Tags
baby , bleeding , implementation bleeding , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search