Ovulation and AF Question :)

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

I have mostly been lurking but I am confused so I wanted to ask you experts a question or two.....

I posted before and same thing going on...I am trying to figure out my cycle somewhat (but we aren't TTC just NTNP with P&P) and basically going off timing of AF and discharge and symptoms but not temping or charting yet...

My questions are these: Is EWCM always a sign of fertility/ovulation? Can I ovulate on the CD7 and get AF late like CD 28? I keep feeling what I believe is O pains and EWCM around CD 7-8 and then my period doesn't arrive until CD28 or so. Does this sound normal?

Sorry I am still a beginner in all this so im learning

I am still considering getting a basal thermometer and temping to help. Just haven't made it to Target to pick one up or I forget when im there oops.

Thank you.

April 4th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
It's highly unlikely, but the only way you can confirm is by charting, or at least using OPK's to see if your surging..
Rebelmommy likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

April 4th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
While it is rare, yes you can. I always ovulate between days 9-12. Before my last baby my cycles were always 28 days like clockwork and I always ovulated between day 9-11. After I got my cycles back after he was born they went to 31 days in length (weird I know but I was assured that this sometimes happens and is considered normal in someone of my age) and I ovulated between days 10-12 for those months. EWCM can indicate ovulation but really to confirm it would would need to temp and chart (and using OPK helps immensely!) as you need to see the temp sift that goes along with it to be more certain if you ovulated or not.

If you are serious about TTC or even NTTC you should chart.. it will make your life a whole lot easier as you will know when to have sex (if you are TTC) or when NOT to have sex (if you are NTTC or WTTC) and even if you are NTNP charting will help you get a better understanding of your body. Good luck!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

April 5th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls.

April 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Yeah, I would say it could happen, but I don't think it's common. I start getting more CM right after AF leaves, but I don't ovulate for about a week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search