Opinions wanted! :)

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 05:16 PM
aemag07's Avatar Regular
Alrighty. let's begin with a little about myself. i am 26 years old, engaged, one 6 yr old boy from a previous relationship, and trying to conceive for nearly 2 years. i was on depo right after i had my boy in 2007. i've been off of all birth control since i met my fiancee in october of 2012.

TTC has been everything but easy. my SO believes that his sperm is slow and low. it's been a trying time, but we're trying. i believed i was pregnant twice before only to get my period 11-12 days later. so frustrating.

so, as of right now, i will be 3 weeks late on friday. my last period was on March 19. the latest i've been so far! and i'm so anxious. my period was due to come april 18. it's now may 7, and still nothing.

if i were pregnant, this would put me at around 7 weeks.

i've had a few symptoms:
EXTREME bloating....to the point where if i eat a piece of bread my stomach gets rock hard. all this bloat is making me so uncomfortable. it's hurting my muscles to carry it.

EXTREME backaches. my mid- to lower back has been aching so bad that i'm up in the middle of the night getting into child's pose to find no relief.

few abdominal cramping. mainly on the sides and pelvic region.

i'm always tired. i find myself withdrawing at work because i'm just too tired to engage in conversation.

nausea. its on and off. some mornings when i wake up i'm sitting there so sick to my stomach that i want to throw up, but nothing comes out.

extreme thirst/frequent urination. i'm always thirsty. i drink up to 5 bottles of water in a 5 hour period. and with that comes the frequent urination. even i haven't had anything to drink for awhile, i'll end up going.

no breast changes however. even with my first pregnancy i didnt have much of a change in my breasts. i think maybe because i am a 42DD that i dont really notice any difference.

my SO has been so anxious and afraid of disappointment that he is in denial something may be in the works. he doesn't want me to test. he says that my period is just late. 3 weeks. just late. nothing more.

that's my first question: how long can your period be late and you not being pregnant?

so, today, without him knowing, i went to buy some hpt's. while at the store, i went to the bathroom (for the 80th time today!) (exaggeration, but it feels like 80), and there was light pink blood on the paper when i wiped. it was mixed with clear mucus. i freaked out. i was so panicked to see blood, i dont want my period to come. i was so shocked that anxiety set in and i was on the verge of hyperventilation.

i gathered my composure, finished my shopping, and got home as soon as i could. i zipped to the bathroom. i was googling this new found spotting while ripping open the hpt package. i was a mess lol. i felt i had to pee, but it was one of those trickles that felt like a lot more.

so, i think i misused this test to the max. the package said too little or too much urine will cause the test to not work. moving it around and holding it up will cause the test to not work. not waiting long enough will cause the test to not work.

i did it all!!! i was moving it around, i didnt pee on it enough. so, i got a negative on the test.

on top of all that panic, when i wiped, there was no more blood.

so now, im sitting here in limbo waiting for tomorrow morning to test again.

if you've made it this far to this question, THANK YOU! lol this is a lot that i've been wanting to get off my chest and so far its been very cathartic.

now for some questions:
as stated above, how late can someone be and not be pregnant?

by the sounds of what i've been going through, do you think i'm pregnant?

has anyone have any similar symptoms/events/panic attacks?

any other opinions and advice are greatly welcomed and appreciated
May 7th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Super Mommy
How do you know you didn't pee on it enough? Did it actually show up as a negative or just not get a result at all?

Have you been charting or temping? Do you know when you ovulated? If I were you I would go buy a couple dollar store tests. If you are pregnant you'll be far enough along to have no trouble getting a positive.
May 7th, 2014, 05:28 PM
aemag07's Avatar Regular
it said to pee on it for 5 seconds. me going did not last 5 seconds. not in the slightest lol. i think i barely wet the thing. the control window showed, but the other window didnt have anything.

i dont temp or chart. ive been just tracking my period. when it comes, when it ends. thats the extent of my charting.
May 7th, 2014, 11:02 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
The rule of the thumb is I think 7-10 days, if you're often really late I would think that means you have a longer than average cycle. I don't know whether you're pregnant, only a blood test or HPT can tell you that, but I do think if it turns out that you're not, you should try charting. Get to know your body a little better. You could be missing your ovulation date all together. Also if you've been TTC for 2 years, maybe it's time to see a doctor and just have some tests done, put your mind at ease or get a little help? Good luck
Rachel and Renee360 like this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

May 7th, 2014, 11:51 PM
aemag07's Avatar Regular
Ah, yeah, I know I'm healthy. I've had my uterus looked at, Dr says I'm fine.

I know I have a long cycle. 31 days is my average cycle.
May 8th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
31 day cycles aren't too long. =)

Well, to me it sounds like from your symptoms you should be pregnant but for the negative test. I have gotten late positives before. One didn't show till 8 weeks pregnant, one never showed. I found out with the miscarriage.

You can be "late" if you ovulate late. Technically you are never late, but your ovulation can be late. Or early bringing on an "early period." I have had a cycle where I didn't ovulate for 60 days. So my period came on day 71. Sometimes women just have horrible freak cycles.

The symptoms you describe can also describe ovulation, right down to the spot of blood. Did you BD just in case? I've felt soooo pregnant before, and it was just my body gearing up to ovulate.

I hope this is it for you! You might try charting to see where you are at in the future. That is if you aren't preggers and your cycles starts. Good luck!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 8th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
If your cycle lengths often vary quite a bit, and you've also been trying for 2 years to get pregnant, I would suspect something hormonal is going on. Has your doctor tested your thyroid? for PCOS?

A lot of the symptoms you are having can be pregnancy symptoms, yes, but they aren't limited to that. It could be a hormonal issue as described above.

If you take another test (properly) and it is negative, I would venture to the doctor for some answers. There may be other things at play here that are causing your inability to get pregnant and the unusual symptoms that you're having.

Good luck!
Rachel likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

May 8th, 2014, 09:54 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a roller coaster ride! OK...so here are my thoughts:

1.) Anything is possible, some women can not have a cycle for weeks and still not be pregnant. Our bodies are weird like that!
2.) I agree a dollar store test will work and if I were you I would have run out and got some already Hold your pee for at least 3hrs!
3.) To avoid the mishap on the test again, pee in a clean plastic cup, dip the test in (instructions will tell you how long) and put it down, do NOT touch it
4.) spotting...I am 11w6ds and off and on I have had minimal spotting. For example at 7/8 weeks when the baby was bigger in size, some spotting and again this week, as I approach 12w It was brownish not bright red. Dr says that it old blood and just stretching of uterus, I am ok.
So good luck to you and I cannot wait to see your update

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
May 8th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you test today?
May 12th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Any update?

Tags