This is so confusing!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Hello there, and thank you in advance for reading this, and your advice!

I find it very hard to talk to anyone about this. Mostly because my boyfriend isn't taking all this seriously, and it's hard enough to talk about this as it is without him dismissing it as well.. Not true. My best friend doesn't know what to say, and I don't even know a lot of friends who do have kids, or anything, so I thought it best to come here.

I've done a ton of research on a lot of things, but trying to keep myself from getting frustrated is hard.

This is my situation; I used to have my period almost every day for 5 years pretty much, but that was easily fixed with birth control when I finally went to the doctor's about it. Of course, that kind of thing left me with a low hemoglobin, and almost unreadable iron level, but that has been fixed too recently.
My period comes every month on the 16th without fail, only once had it been anything else, which was the 13th around the time I started taking birth control. Since my period has been regular on it's own now without it, I don't need it anymore, it's still always the 16th. Though, I didn't get a period since April 16th.. When May 16th came around, nothing. Week after that, nothing and a negative test. Next week, still nothing and another negative. This week is the 3rd week of no period, and I had a doctor's appointment.
I had asked the nurse practitioner if I could have a blood test done for pregnancy since it is more accurate and in the mean time, I have been taking prenatal vitamins, and taking care of myself, and keeping stress low just in case.
But she had suggested we do a urine test instead, which was of course negative, even after I expected that, as the hormone it detects may still be too low. (I did read quite a lot of cases where some women didn't get a positive till way later because of this being too low.)
She then said that at this point, I should be showing positive by now if I were, and that I'm probably not, which just got on my nerves, actually. First of all, I felt like she wasn't listening, she didn't give me a form for the blood test that I need done even when requested, and she hadn't even listed possible reasons to why, even though I knew them. Just a simple 'it's common to miss a period. You're probably not pregnant.'

I know what else could cause a missed period, but I know it's not any of that.

So you can probably see why I'm kind of losing my mind a bit here.. I just want a clear answer, that's all. I'm quite sure that I'm pregnant and all these negatives are lies. But I feel like until I can prove it to myself and others, no one will be taking me seriously on this. I feel like I'm alone in trying to sort all this out, and find answers, and all these negatives, and negative feedback are only frustrating me.
I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get my period on June 16th.. I'm going to keep taking tests weekly, and I need to look for a new doctor in my area anyways. (I moved to a new town in February.) It just sucks to keep going through this, I feel like I'm so alone.

Does anyone else have any stories, or advice that might help ease my mind?
June 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM
hi ,

I fully understand your situation. I went through something similar about 4 years ago... when I was with my ex-husband.... you most definitely need to go to a ACTUAL OB dr and get everything looked over and do lab work etc.. just in case.. especially if you are or not pregnant.. they need to find out what going on with your body.. don't get down... depression is not healthy for you either, specially if you are pregnant... be positive!! I wish you luck and blessings!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search