Could I still be pregnant, if I ever was? Help.

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2006, 01:27 AM
Regular
Post removed.

Thanks for the advice and kind words, everyone.
August 23rd, 2006, 02:43 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have a friend who thought she'd m/c so went to the doctor and it turned out she was still very much pregnant..

the best thing is probably to go and get a blood test.... I hope things turn out the way you want hun ((hugs))

August 23rd, 2006, 05:42 AM
mommaoffive's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommaoffive
I myself have never been thu this but had thought I was PG cause i had alot of some of the same stuff going on with my body but all BFN and then AF showed so I know im not.I will say if it was me I would for sure take another HPT and make sure to get to the doc.if you did have a M/C you need to see if all vome out ok.I wish you the best and hope all thrns out the way you want.

August 23rd, 2006, 05:53 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I believe I would take another HPT and then if it was positive I would call the doctor and go in. To get in faster I would let them know what happened.

MY BLOG

August 23rd, 2006, 06:22 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could just be having a "period" while pg. Some ladies do this. I will say that when I had my m/c it was very painful, very. I would be sure to call the dr, they may have you come in early just to check things out, or they could say it's perfectly normal, which it is because it does happen.

</div>
August 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As long as you don't start cramping and having a lot of discomfort, I would say that you were okay.

You should try to get some bedrest if you're worried though. and definitely talk to your doctor about your fears!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
August 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know how things work where you are,but here,if you have a postive HPT and then you start to bleed,you can go straight to the ER and they will give you an ultra sound (vaginal if you are only a few weeks along) and they will find out whats going on.
With my son,I had only just found out I was pregnant and hadent even had my first unltra sound or seen a doctor yet and I spotted a little (just dark yellowish CM).I hadent seen a doctor of any kind yet (I hadent had the time) but I went straight to the ER and they were great.They ran blood tests and made sure everything was going fine etc...(which is was,I found out I was 11 weeks along!! )
Thats deffinately what id do if you can where you are.You dont have to be heavily pregnant for a doctor to take you seriously,if you are worried,go to the ER,explain whats happened and Im sure they will see you..I doubt they will send you home and tell you to wait.
If you have to stretch the truth a little to get them to see you (like saying you are still spotting a little etc) then do so...I have done that lots of times (our medical care here is free though).Its worth it if you go home feeling releaved

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

August 23rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
mazy's Avatar Veteran
i just wanted to wish you good luck and keep us posted and feel better!

August 23rd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Regular
Thanks.
August 24th, 2006, 08:49 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Did you have sex before the bleeding happened? If your dh/df/bf/so/etc brushed up against your cervix that could cause some bleeding. I had this happen once. I went to the ER sure I was miscarrying and they did an u/s and all was ok. Later in this same pregnancy I woke up covered in blood (and I mean covered). Another trip to the ER confirmed baby was ok...they don't know for sure what happened...possible a cyst that ruptured. It was very painful too. However, through all this I was still preg and delivered almost 7 months ago.

August 25th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Regular
Post removed.
August 26th, 2006, 06:18 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Quote:
Did you have sex before the bleeding happened?[/b]
No. Although I felt like having sex a lot more than I usually do, I only masturbated externally. I'm sure internal masturbation can cause irritation, but external is supposed to be fine.

Some web-sites I've checked out say that bleeding around the time of an expected period can happen during a normal pregnancy. My sister's friend bled for a few months while pregnant and said it was just like her period; mine wasn't. The last normal period I had was on the 22nd of June. It was six days long, as opposed to the one day of bleeding and few days of light spotting I had recently. Maybe it's just stress making my regular period different?

I'm going to take a HPT today, and will post the results here. Eep. Wish me luck.
[/b]
Good luck!! Can't wait to hear the results

August 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
When I had a miscarriage it started as spotting the first day and then the second day I started having clots and then it turned into a very bad period. I had gone to the ER and they told me I m/c, I was only 6 weeks though. I would say that you would at least have to have a period as heavy as a/f usually is for you to have an actual m/c but I could be wrong. This pregancy I bled at 6 weeks (brown spotting) and then bright red at 10 weeks, which was the placenta taking over and usually happens at 9 or 10 weeks. If you take another hpt and it is still positive and the line is the same or darker you are probably preggo. And if you bleed again you can always go to the ER and they will do an u/s for you! Good luck!!!
August 27th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Regular
Post removed.
August 28th, 2006, 09:00 AM
JennieMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennieMarie
I would def. go see a doctor just to check up on your self and make sure the delayed period is normal...
Mommy: 24 Daddy: 27 Jianna Marie (10/20) @ 9:09 AM 6lbs. 6 oz. & 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search