HPT's - When are they actually effective?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Okay... Long story short, the other night my DH and I had the same dream on the same night - that I found out I was pregnant again (I have a 3 month old). That in itself was very bizarre... Well, that got me all up in arms and now I am taking every odd little symptom I have or feel and running with it... That, and my DH keeps rubbing my belly and saying "Is it growing?" LOL

So .... with light cramping, bloating, fatigue, dizziness, feeling hot ALL the time, feeling ravenous and then getting sick at night ( last night I actually thought I was going to toss my cookies... ) and some strange CM...
And my hubs being a butthead and teasing me, I went and bought an HPT from Walmart. The Equate brand.

I know, I am a goof. But hey, can you blame me?!

My AF is not due until the first week of September, but I wondered how soon I could get an accurate reading if I took the test? Do I wait until I am actually late (if that happens)? I've never dealt with HPT's before, I found out about my son through a mandatory urine test by my gyno... If I took it now, would the reading even be correct?
August 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Annie, your sig is so cute.

It depends, really - do you know when you may have conceived? I'd wait at least another week to test, because it may or may not be effective just yet.

August 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
TotsnTwins
My husband always seemed to know I was pregnant before I did. He would start joking about it and it would turn out that I was lol.

I'd get one of those early detection tests and test as soon as it says you can. I know I am always impatient when it comes to testing, I have to do it ASAP lol
August 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I would try to wait a week, let us know.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 28th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Hart_N_Sole
-Annie, your sig is so cute.

Thank you!

-It depends, really - do you know when you may have conceived? I'd wait at least another week to test, because it may or may not be effective just yet.
-I would try to wait a week, let us know.

If I was pregnant, I figured I'd be just about three weeks along now... I think. I'm confused!
I'm patient, I can definitely wait it out and see what happens...

-My husband always seemed to know I was pregnant before I did. He would start joking about it and it would turn out that I was lol.

LOL! Funny thing is, Nathan knew about Connor before I even suspected it. One night while sitting in bed watching tv, he commented on how huge my breasts looked and about something else - I cannot remember, it was a year ago now! - and said "I am willing to bet money you are pregnant!" I kept shrugging it off, then my urine test said he was right! He keeps telling me now he bets I am pregnant again, so I am up in arms this time! LOL!
August 28th, 2006, 08:18 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
Annie...what you doing here girl?!?!?!

i would try and wait atleast another couple days! unless you don't mind wasting money on another HPT if AF doesn't show!!! i of course want you go test ASAP!! let us know

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search