Positive Pregnancy Test.. Not Pregnant..

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Super Mommy
Hi there. I was wondering if there were any medical conditions that could give you false positives on pregnancy tests. My best friend since I was knee high took one when she was visiting and it was positive. Then she got her Af shortly after that. Took another one and it was psoitive after af was gone. when to the dcotor and hgc was like 2. So I was just wondering if there were any medical conditions that could give you light positives. I seen the lines for myself.. and if I seen one like that on one of my test I would be jumping up and down for joy.. So any info would be very much appriciated.
Thank you,
Abbie.
XoXo
August 30th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Austins Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Austins Mommy
Quote:
Hi there. I was wondering if there were any medical conditions that could give you false positives on pregnancy tests. My best friend since I was knee high took one when she was visiting and it was positive. Then she got her Af shortly after that. Took another one and it was psoitive after af was gone. when to the dcotor and hgc was like 2. So I was just wondering if there were any medical conditions that could give you light positives. I seen the lines for myself.. and if I seen one like that on one of my test I would be jumping up and down for joy.. So any info would be very much appriciated.
Thank you,
Abbie.
XoXo[/b]
It sounds like your friend experienced a chemical pregnancy (which I had last month.) I got 3 positive tests, then went in to get the PG confirmed and my levels were too low...I started bleeding a day or two later right when AF was due. They said that since you miscarry so early on with a chemical PG that most women don't even know they are/were PG because you will miscarry and bleed around the same time AF is due. It is a VERY early miscarriage. I am so sorry that your friend has had this problem hon. Hope this info helps...

August 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If your computer screen looks like mine, then go to the upper part of this screen you are now looking at and you can click on False positive pregnancy test. Try that to see if that answers your questions. I think there are rare cases of med. cond. causing a false + but I am no expert.
Good luck.
<div align="center"></div>
August 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a friend in high school that was getting positive results, even from a blood test and ended up having cysts on her ovaries.
August 30th, 2006, 02:08 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
It sounds to me like she had a chemical pregnancy.

August 30th, 2006, 02:18 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
the same exact thing happened to me 2 weeks ago and it was a chemical pregnancy-which is just a very very early miscarriage.
August 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would think that your friend has experienced a chemical pregnancy/early m/c

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search