Needle Test

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Keshlia0866's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I am new to this forum. Normally I post in trying to conceive, but this group has answered a lot of my questions I have had recently.

Have any of you tried the needle test over your belly? It's an old wives tale, but rumor has it that if you are pregnant it will move over your belly. Circles for girls and back and forth for boys. This can be done over your palm as well and it will tell you the # of babies and the sex of each. However, this needle will pick up on a pregnancy BEFORE you even know that you are preggo!!

Here is more info for those who are not familiar with this: www.tryingtoconceive.com/needle.htm

Try it and see if it moves over you belly. This may just be the answer some of us need during that dreaded 2ww!!!!!

Post your results so we all know!!!!
September 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM
minxiesse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hi ladies! I am new to this forum. Normally I post in trying to conceive, but this group has answered a lot of my questions I have had recently.

Have any of you tried the needle test over your belly? It's an old wives tale, but rumor has it that if you are pregnant it will move over your belly. Circles for girls and back and forth for boys. This can be done over your palm as well and it will tell you the # of babies and the sex of each. However, this needle will pick up on a pregnancy BEFORE you even know that you are preggo!!

Here is more info for those who are not familiar with this: www.tryingtoconceive.com/needle.htm

Try it and see if it moves over you belly. This may just be the answer some of us need during that dreaded 2ww!!!!!

Post your results so we all know!!!![/b]
This is also supposed to work by putting your own ring on a necklace chain too! xxx

September 30th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It does work! When I was prego w/Mya I did it w/my own ring over my stomache and it went in circles and w/my sister it went back and forth & she's having a boy!!! We put it over my mom's stomache and it wouldn't move ~ It's going back and forth over my stomache!!!!

~Amanda

[url="http://snugglepie.com"]
September 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Quote:
It does work! When I was prego w/Mya I did it w/my own ring over my stomache and it went in circles and w/my sister it went back and forth & she's having a boy!!! We put it over my mom's stomache and it wouldn't move ~ It's going back and forth over my stomache!!!!

~Amanda
[/b]
YEA!! It is going in circles around my stomach! I really hope this is an early sign that I am pregnant. Each day that I place the needle or weddding ring around my belly the circles get stronger and stronger. I'm not scheduled to test until next Thursday!!

I just wondered if it would move on someone's stomach that isn't preganant. I did it for fun on my belly!! I never thought it would actually move!! Now it is making this 2ww period that much longer!

Do you know of anyone else that has done and what their results were.
September 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is weird. lol

I'm sitting on my couch and I started by having the ring hang over the arm of the couch and it barely moved. Then I moved it closer to my stomach, but not over it, and it still barely moved. As soon as it was over my stomach it started moving in really large circles.

Quote:
I did it for fun on my belly!! I never thought it would actually move!![/b]
Yeah me too. If it did I figured it would move over everything. The fact that it didn't kind of shocked me.

edit: I went on that website and followed the instructions to see how many children I'm supposed to have. According to it, I'm going to have three children; girl, boy, girl.

September 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what the moving needle of my belly means. I have had several friends and co-workers that are 100% not pregnant do over their belly and nothing! But when I put over my belly or a pregnant belly it moves!! I'm not sure if the needle is telling me I'm pregnant or not. I don't really understand it. I know people do it all the time once they find out they are pregnant in order to determine the sex of the baby before the ultra sound. I've never heard of anyone trying it to see if they are pregannt! Of course I would have to be the one to try it!!!!

I know this is just for fun, but you can't help but wonder if it is accurate. I know there are thousands of success stories out there. I just wish I knew I've I were really pregnant or not.
September 30th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm not sure what the moving needle of my belly means. I have had several friends and co-workers that are 100% not pregnant do over their belly and nothing! But when I put over my belly or a pregnant belly it moves!! I'm not sure if the needle is telling me I'm pregnant or not. I don't really understand it. I know people do it all the time once they find out they are pregnant in order to determine the sex of the baby before the ultra sound. I've never heard of anyone trying it to see if they are pregannt! Of course I would have to be the one to try it!!!!

I know this is just for fun, but you can't help but wonder if it is accurate. I know there are thousands of success stories out there. I just wish I knew I've I were really pregnant or not. [/b]
Don't worry - I did it the minute I suspected I might be pregnant - hey ~ we might get to be in the Jund DDC together!!!!!!

~Amanda

September 30th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks! I really hope that we are in the June DDC. I just really hope that this needle knows what it is talking about!

Are you having any symptoms of pregnancy? I'm not sure if I am or if it is all in my head! I've been dizzy when I first stand up and some nausea. But... not sure if those are signs of preggo!
September 30th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jakes_mommy04
Yay!! Hopefully this is true, because it went in circles over my belly....I tried holding it over my knee and it didn't move at all...then when i put it over my belly it went in circles!!
Also, I tried the gender test...and it said boy-girl-girl...and so far I have a boy, i miscarried last year and i believe it was a girl, so I'm really hoping now!!!

<div align="center"></div>

September 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Yay!! Hopefully this is true, because it went in circles over my belly....I tried holding it over my knee and it didn't move at all...then when i put it over my belly it went in circles!!
Also, I tried the gender test...and it said boy-girl-girl...and so far I have a boy, i miscarried last year and i believe it was a girl, so I'm really hoping now!!![/b]
I hope so too! Let's keep our fingers crossed! Maybe this needle is just what we needed!
September 30th, 2006, 10:41 PM
gezika's Avatar Regular
So, I made my attempt but I am confused. Do I need to lay down? If not, then how do I do it? My hands are too shakey to get anything!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz</span>
</div>
October 1st, 2006, 09:06 AM
Quote:
So, I made my attempt but I am confused. Do I need to lay down? If not, then how do I do it? My hands are too shakey to get anything![/b]
You do not have to lay down in order to do it, you can if you want to. You just tap your stomach 3 times and hang the needle or ring over your belly or right by it. You hang it about an inch over your stomach. You need to do it over your lower stomach though... that is where your unterus is. If it moves in circles it is a girl. If it moves back and forth it is a boy. If it doesn't move than you are not pregnant. You can do a test over your left palm as well. It will tell you the # of pregnancies and the sex of each. If you are preggo, it will move over your stomach. If you are not preggo it will not move, that is what the story is anyway.

Try it again and see what happens.... Let us know!
October 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks! I really hope that we are in the June DDC. I just really hope that this needle knows what it is talking about!

Are you having any symptoms of pregnancy? I'm not sure if I am or if it is all in my head! I've been dizzy when I first stand up and some nausea. But... not sure if those are signs of preggo![/b]
Those are definately good signs!!! I have cramping and soar boobs & frequent urination

~Amanda

October 1st, 2006, 03:40 PM
Those are definately good signs!!! I have cramping and soar boobs & frequent urination

~Amanda

[/quote]

Amanda!

When are you scheduled to test? I'm scheduled for Thursday if I can hold off that long! I just had my best friend from out of town come and visit and she did the needle test over me. She is freaking out because the needle moves in huge circles!! Now she can't wait until testing day!!

I really hope this is a good sign that I am pregnant. I'm trying not to get my hopes up over a silly needle but it so hard not too when so many people do it and it is accurate!

I'm cheering for you!!!

Lots of baby dust to you!!!

Keshia
October 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda!

When are you scheduled to test? I'm scheduled for Thursday if I can hold off that long! I just had my best friend from out of town come and visit and she did the needle test over me. She is freaking out because the needle moves in huge circles!! Now she can't wait until testing day!!

I really hope this is a good sign that I am pregnant. I'm trying not to get my hopes up over a silly needle but it so hard not too when so many people do it and it is accurate!

I'm cheering for you!!!

Lots of baby dust to you!!!

Keshia
[/quote]

Hey, Keshia!! Well, I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow - because I did take 2 tests. They were the Walgreen tests that have the sensitivity of 100mIU - on both tests I got an extremely faint line. My only concern is that it's hormones that are left over from my pregnancy w/Mya - but with the ring test my hopes got a little high.... so, I'm calling my doctor tomorrow! And here is some baby dust for you!!!! I really hope we get to be a part of the June DDC - what would your due date be? Mine would be 6/15

~Amanda

October 1st, 2006, 06:08 PM
Hey, Keshia!! Well, I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow - because I did take 2 tests. They were the Walgreen tests that have the sensitivity of 100mIU - on both tests I got an extremely faint line. My only concern is that it's hormones that are left over from my pregnancy w/Mya - but with the ring test my hopes got a little high.... so, I'm calling my doctor tomorrow! And here is some baby dust for you!!!! I really hope we get to be a part of the June DDC - what would your due date be? Mine would be 6/15

~Amanda

[/quote]

I would be due 6/10! Not too far from you!! I really hope this is it for the both of us. I haven't been brave enough to take a test yet . I just keep thinking that AF will show and I could have used that money on something else! So I am really going to try to wiat until Thursday at the very earliest to test.

I bet the lines on the test are from the little boy you are carrying! Your lines did go back and forth... right? Let me know what the doctor says... maybe you should try a test that is more sensitive. How many DPO are you?
October 1st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
lol i have never heard of that!

October 1st, 2006, 08:32 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jakes_mommy04
Quote:
well i'm def not preggo, and it did not move a bit!!! lol[/b]
Good that gives me some more hope!! I made like ten people try the test and it has been accurate so far.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search