I did it!

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last few weeks have really been a roller coaster as far as my classes, paying the attorney, the kids, a move, our future. So...the last thing was....I was NOT going to be admitted into the program that I have DESPERATELY worked so hard for this past year. This is per my class instructor who is also the advisor for the program. The reason? The curriculum guide was changed while I had already started on the old one and had been following the old curriculum guide to a T. They had changed their immunization requirements saying that all three Hep B series had to be completed PRIOR to entry into the program. I just got my second dose of Hep A/Hep B combo a few days ago...and had been instructed that I could come back for my third dose in 6 months which didn't match the dosing schedule of the curriculum guide according to the program (are you following me?)
I went in to talk to my instructor/advisor. A few other instructors came over and they decided that (probably more due to the fact that I had started on the original guide, I could finish on the old one?) I could register with their permission! I GOT IN!!!!!!!
I am still on cloud nine! For the first time since the divorce, I feel that my kids and I have a future. For the first time, I feel like we will be okay.I had NOTHING when he left. No job, no income, no attorney, NOTHING. All that remained from my hard work on his credit was a lost house, yet another move, adn into a relatives home at that, and severely broken-hearted kids.
I know I wont make millions doing this job, but I have done it before (I was hired without a cert in the past) and I LOVE it! So I know what it entails, how rewarding it is, how interesting it is to me, and am fortunate enough to have had the experience already. It's my passion. And you know what they say, 'find something you love doing, and you will never work a day in your life.' Im looking forward to that.
Can I just brag and boast and say that I am sooooo **** proud of myself right now?! I may have busted my hump on the credit, lost the house, while he reaps the rewards of good credit minus a foreclosure, but THIS is something NO ONE can take away from me! ALL MY hard work, and MINE alone.
This accomplishment has done WONDERS for some of my anger at what I lost. It has also done wonders for my self esteem, and sense of accomplishment-especially after a divorce.
I am so happy with my life. I do want to go back to school for the long term later when the 'twins' are older....but for now a short term goal is sufficient.
You know all the feeling of wanting revenge in the beginning? IT becomes almost unimportant when you do things for yourself to increase your self worth, self esteem and begin to heal those feelings of failure from a failed relationship. If you want revenge, be successful in your life. You will no longer want revenge because it just wont matter anymore. What a great theory anyway.

So I have been running everywhere trying to get all my ducks in a row with all the hoops to jump through...we have a mediation appt in two weeks...trial is still scheduled for mid March, though. Parenting plan is finished. Three weeks left of winter quarter (Im dying!) and then Im headed out for a weekend BY MYSELF before Spring quarter starts. I think I may go stay in a hotel, take a bubble bath, read a book, have a glass of wine, sleep in late if I want to, paint my toenails, ...JUST BECAUSE I CAN! Ahhhh..........daydreaming......

Having a bit of trouble with my oldest and may have to reduce the time she spends at school or homeschool her all together for the rest of the year.
The rest of the kids are doing pretty well for now.
OH! I have a funny story to share...My 16 month old...god...he's a handful...anyway, I got him back Sunday afternoon from his father's visitation and he smelled so putrid (like body odor...that wasn't the baby's but my ex's armpits...eeeew ) anyway, I gave him a bath which ridded his dad's BO smell, but still smelled something bad... I brushed his teeth. I could smell this smell similiar to....I dont know....something rotting? on his breath after brushing and thought he needed to go to the dentist. I put my nose up to his nose and it was horrible! I gagged! I could tell he was a little nasally....(do you know where I am going with this?) and thought I would grab the snot-sucker to unclog his nasal passage. There were no boogs. I took him to the light moved his nose so I could see, and there was something bright green up there. We had brocolli Friday nite and his father picked him up Saturday morning. He went the whole weekend with it up there! Kinda scary actually considering they could choke...anyway, the ER couldn't get it out....so he was sent home with a referral to a ENT...given some antibiotics. It came out quickly the next day with the ENT doc's handy dandy instruments...but do you know how big this chunk of brocolli was? It came out the size of a grape! No wonder the snot sucker didn't even come close to removing it! My child does not have large nostrils and I have NO IDEA how he got all that up there....but I do know that he put it up there trunk first....maybe that had something to do with it? LOL! This child of mine....holy cow...of course, it was not even close to funny as it was happening...I was worried he would choke...or stop breathing....but now it's funny....

Still in counseling, but as soon as insurance ends, I have to find another counselor...

Just a long update...sharing the excitement one gray hair at a time.......
February 26th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! I am soooooooooooo happy for you! I know how disappointed you were when they told you you could not continue...what a wonderful surprise! That's awesome! When will you finish up the program?
LOL I love the broccoli story! OMG That poor kid...if it smelled that bad to you can you imagine how it smelled to him? This is something you can tell about him for the rest of his life. I love stories like that! I tell them on my kids all the time...they just roll their eyes and go "Oh great! Here we go again..." LMAO
CONGRATULATIONS! Your life is coming together. You deserve this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search