So what's going on with everyone?

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I hope no news is good news! LOL What's everyone doing? How's everything going with your situations? Any updates?
March 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No news here. Well, my STBX and I actually had a civilized conversation.. And he wants to settle and not drag this out til June.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I'm still waiting to hear anything from the next phase of the divorce. It's supposed to be a quiet no hassle uncontested, but I am waiting on the papers for the affidavit part which would tell me if he's going to try & be a jerk or not.

I don't see that happening though since he & his twit have set a wedding date already so he would not want to rock the boat & have it contested by making claims to anything after all this time, but you just never know.

March 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
stardusthealer's Avatar Super Mommy
My ex is still being a butt, he hasn't seen the kids in 4 months. Still isn't paying what he is suppose to either. I talked to him on Friday he told me he went bankrupt and that his lawyer is trying to get a hold of mine. Mine is away until the end of the month. He is going to try and appeal the court ordered child support cause he says he can't afford it. He told me its my lawyers and my fault he had to go bankrupt cause we wouldn't wait until he got his bills taken care of before we filed for child support. He doesn't take any responsibility what-so -ever. He told me I took the kids away from him and that he isn't a bad father he just can't afford to come see them.

1. Mom to Arielle13,Tyler 10.5, Dylan 8.5 and Autumn Rayne 21mths and Step dd Nevaeh 3

March 9th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL Yeah, it's YOUR fault he hasn't paid his bills..I love it. He sounds like my ex. The man was making over 300,000 when I divorced his sorry butt and hasn't worked a DAY since the divorce...but it's MY fault he doesn't have any money...oh and my middle son's, too because he's "paying his rent and utilities"...funny thing is my son doesn't know this so he is paying his rent and utilities too...hmmm...
March 9th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We reached an agreement on (no trial) and now he called the attorney and said he wanted to change it to separation.

I said as long as he would pay the costs to change it, that everything in the divorce papers would stay the same if we changed it, that the monthly amount I would get would go up, I would agree.

The reason I agreed? Because the most important thing to me right now, is my kids being taken care of-the more money the better quality of life they have while I am waiting on my certs. I have 5 children and wont be dating or meeting anyone new anytime soon. I am not very hopeful about working anything out, but have seen miracles just not overnight. I still plan on moving out of state regardless. I dont feel stuck if we changed it to separation because in my thinking, we are already done-this is just for the money and insurance.

It did shock me because it wasn't my idea. It also shocked me that when I said it was probably too late with the hearing being scheduled, he said just pray-it's never too late.

I am not sure if it's just panic mode, or realizations, but at this point I dont care too much.

If I do this, then I could afford to move out and actually afford to pay rent, the kids would still have insurance, and it would make it better for us for right now. I know that I could have to go BACK and do this over to make it final, but that's fine. As long as I am financially protected, and can still go to school...which I am either way...I am happy.
March 9th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Let's see.. Living with my sister. I've started working on potty training Frederick. C/s is in the works. I have a job interview on Thursday. I'm seeing counselers.

M still hasn't called once to talk to Frederick without me calling first and asking him to call back. No $$ either.

Frederick had tubes put in his ears. The 18th we go in for the consult about surgury to remove his bone cyst. Poor little man.

also working on fredericks room. Thomas the train theme. It's going to be cute when it's all done.

March 10th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilman View Post
let's see.. Living with my sister. I've started working on potty training frederick. C/s is in the works. I have a job interview on thursday. I'm seeing counselers.

M still hasn't called once to talk to frederick without me calling first and asking him to call back. No $$ either.

frederick had tubes put in his ears. The 18th we go in for the consult about surgury to remove his bone cyst. Poor little man.

also working on fredericks room. Thomas the train theme. It's going to be cute when it's all done.

great to hear an update from you!!!
March 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry I haven been in this topic much lately. I'm usuually over at single moms. I can't believe it's been 4 months.. Or at least almost 4 months.

March 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilman View Post
sorry I haven been in this topic much lately. I'm usuually over at single moms. I can't believe it's been 4 months.. Or at least almost 4 months.
It is good to hear from you again. I wondered how you were doing!
March 11th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gah! I can't find my wallet. Crud crud!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search