Log In Sign Up

Breaking up?


Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
March 12th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,162
Have any of you ever been in a relationship that you're unhappy in, and you want out, but you can't do it????? i don't want to really go into detail right now, I 'm just scared to leave b/c I've never been alone... and most of the time I DON'T feel this way.

I mean idk, I just get like this sometimes. I have major depressive disorder & I get depressed pretty easily; sometimes over little or dumb stuff. And it's hard to get out of it. But when I do, I sit back and think and I feel like I over-reacted. I have strong emotions sometimes that are overwhelming for me to deal with alone.

I don't know if it's me or him. Most likely, both.

I am not really looking for advice/solutions on my relationship since I barely revealed anything about it, so please refrain from giving it. I'd just like to hear from anyone who has ever felt this way, and how it was/is for you, how did/are you coping, if/how you left, worked things out, etc etc

I guess I just want someone to talk to... I don't really feel comfortable talking about most of my life/emotions/problems with anyone. Thanks. =)
__________________






Last edited by k1210; March 12th, 2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: fixing typos, etc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
March 13th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,091
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
I spent 22 years in a marriage that was never happy and that 90% of the time I desperately wanted out of...the other 10% I resigned myself to. I'm not joking about that either. I was also very afraid of being on my own. When I finally left, I surprised everyone--myself most of all. I was able to get a job, buy a house, pay my bills and do quite well for myself. I also grew up. I worked on myself and now I DON'T SETTLE! I have since remarried to a wonderful man who is everything I ever dreamed of! The key to ANY relationship is to be happy with yourself and keep the lines of communication open at all times. Before you can love and be loved, you have to love yourself. Old cliche, I know but do you understand it? If you don't love yourself, you don't demand to be treated right (and I don't mean verbal demands), you don't attract people who will respect you and treat you the way you should be because YOU don't treat YOURSELF that way! When you love yourself, without even thinking about it you will only allow into your life the type of person who will treat you with respect and give you the love and devotion you deserve.
Without giving you advice, that's about all I can say.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
March 13th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,684
I was in a marriage that I was extremely unhappy in, and fortunately, it was only for a little over a year. I definitely didn't go about it the right way tho. I wasn't happy and I wasn't getting what I needed from him emotionally, so I went behind his back and texted a (male) friend of mine and lied about it and when my stbx found out, he asked for a divorce. At the time I was completely devastated, but now, I couldn't be happier. We've been separated for a little over 2 months and I feel like the me I was when I met him. I was not me while with him.
I hope this helps.
__________________


#1, 4, 5, 7
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0