new here

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
MegansMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cant into the explanation because it would take me a year to explain let alone the emotions that follow but...
if all goes well i am leaving in 9 days .. i dont know that leaving will be a success but i dont know how i am going to react.. its been 10 years.. you know? and 1 kid... can anybody help me prepare for the emotions and...feelings behind it.. or any advice?tyia
March 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont think anyone can tell you what you will go through emotionally, really. The basics....the grief and loss, or maybe it's more relief?
Good luck to you!
March 15th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Hope is probably the best one to give you that information since she just had her divorce finalized. Just about any emotion you have ever had is going to resurface at some point in this process. You're going to grieve what you lost--the dream of a happy family and a life with this man--you're going to feel relieved that it's finally coming to an end, you're going to feel frightened and uncertain as you begin to grow and come into your own, excited as you realise what you are capable of, happy with your accomplishments as you gain them...worried that you won't be able to succeed or you will fall into another marriage that might end, ashamed because you think that you may be flawed and that's why it didn't work out....just about everything else will at some point waltz across your heart. Try to be strong and stay on course. We will gladly give you all the support and encouragement we can to help you through. It isn't easy...in fact there will be times when you just don't think you can take anymore. But you will make it through and someday look back and see what a journey it really was....and feel good about yourself for making it through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search