Mini Update

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got fed up with getting the run around from STBX and I finally called his base yesterday and I heard from one of the chiefs in his shop around 12:30 and he said at 1:30, he's going to sit STBX down and tell him he has obligations to pay me x amount a month. They're going to break up the amount into twice a month, so I'll get money on the 1st and 15th of every month (those are his paydays). He didn't tell me how much I'm supposed to get each time, though, because he wants me to call him next week and tell him whether I got the money and how much he gave me. I feel so relieved. The only thing that has me worried is that it's just me and Lillie here today and I'm afraid he's gonna call or come over before he's supposed to pick Lillie up at 6. My mom will be home when he comes at 6, but I'm concerned about before then. Hopefully she'll be home around 2. Anyway. Just wanted to share my happy news.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 3rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
That's great news!!! I am so happy that they're supporting you like that. Hopefully this will be the end of his crap.
So, how'd it go?
April 3rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did it go?

I am glad you went ahead and called base, you should have done that a long time ago because I even told my mom and she was like "they don't play" and believe me, if he doesn't do what he has been told to do, and you stand up for yourself and keep doing so, his commanders won't let him get away with being a (excuse my language and I don't mean any disrespect towards the father of your child) but a douche! If he wants his freedom and wants to do his own thing, he needs to take care of his responsibilities first.

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
April 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It went okay. I'm gonna be getting $762 a month. He paid $340 of my rent and gave me a check for $42... He got mad and said that I was screwing with his career, but he doesn't realize it's HIS fault.

#1, 4, 5, 7
April 4th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha! Oh well, he should have thought about that before he decided to get married and have a family and then run around and do his own thing. If he owned up to his responsibilities you wouldn't have to "screw with his career" and it's a sad thing you even have to go that far, he should have been a man about it. I wouldn't feel bad for a second, do you think he ever feels bad?! That would be a NOT!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
April 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Oh wow...you're screwing with his career? LOL HE is screwing with his career and is going to wind up screwing with more than that if he keeps taking this lightly! CS is not an "optional" bill any more so than the electricity, water or rent are "optional". If you don't pay those, there are consequences...same with CS. He's finding that out and he doesn't like that he isn't getting away with what he thought he would do--not paying you. I wish those guys would stop thinking of CHILD SUPPORT as money they are paying US and start thinking of it as CHILD support for their CHILDREN. How are we supposed to care for the children properly unless we can afford proper housing and food for them? Why is it they think if we bring home a paycheck, they should be let off the hook? IDIOTS!
My advice is watch this like a hawk. If he is at ALL late in paying, give him ONE CHANCE to pay it up and then go directly to the person you did this time. If he usually pays you by 3PM on Friday, at 3:10, call him and ask where it is and what time will he get it to you. If it isn't there by that exact time, call. He sounds like the kind of guy who if you give him a foot, he'll go for the mile. Let him know that the foot doesn't have to be given but by God if he tries to take an inch more, you're going to cut his winkie off! LOL Fortunately, it sounds like you have some terrific support there! And KUDOS to you for making that call!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search