Back to court, they gave him overnights

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 09:51 AM
nikki52687's Avatar Super Mommy
They are to be at his moms house. I am not happy, but I can deal with it at his moms house, because I know she will be taken care of. He lied and told the judge he is living with his parents. In reality, he lives with 3 other adults and 2 kids in a small 2 bedroom apartment.

First night....he never took her to his parents, he took her to the friends house and they lied to me about it, i told them I saw the car there and they said it wasn't and they were at "home" (the parents house) in bed, this all came from his new gf. So we got in the car and drove to the friends house, sure enough, 11:30 at night the car was still there, I know it is his car, it is an old beat up car with her carseat in it and a flag sticker on the back.

Then he told me she slept with him all night, and the gf told me she slept in the crib all night. They also told me she slept from 8pm-10am, and didn't wake up at all overnight, yet by 2 when I picked her up she was so tired, she was asleep in the carseat before we even started the car. She is 2, and sleeps about 12 hours each night and some days doesn't een take a nap, she NEVER sleeps 14 hours and if she did, she would not have been that tired.

I am so mad, actually mad doesn't even cover it. I don't even know where to go from here, proving it will be difficult.
April 20th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Shyann's_Mommy09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Take pictures of the car being there and make sure they are time stamped because he is not complying with the court order and it could be revoked if he is found to not be following it.

Im new to all this stuff so maybe someone else will know more of what you can do but thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

April 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Pictures will not cover it, and it puts you in the wrong and is considered Criminal Harassment.
I realize that it's tough, but you need sworn written statements from people who can undeniably say that he is not complying with the court order. Going by the place a number of times is only going to cause you more grief than good.

April 20th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, i only went by the one time, my best friend actually lives right by them, so I only knew because I talked to her on the phone. I did try to takle pictures, but I didn't want to get seen, because I didn't want to get charged with harassment. So, I didn't go into where I could be seen, but I am thinking about hiring a private investigator, not sure if that would help or not??
April 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
If you are able to hire a P.I. that will get you the evidence that he is not complying with the order, it could help, but it's very difficult to determine what a Judge may order based on the evidence.

April 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah it is difficult, I went in last time totally prepared for the judge to think he was a Piece of crap pretty much, lol, but he totally thought he was a good dad and had his head on straight, I was shocked when I left and fell into depression for about a month. It was bad, so this time I went in prepared for the overnights, but prepared to fight for them to be at his moms. But there was no fight, he just did that, I was so happy, and felt ok with it.

Also, this judge, I have talked to ALOT of people in all different situations, some the same, and the ruling is never the same, like I understand that all cases are different, but it really seems like it depends on his mood of the day. That day I was talking about before, he didn't want to hear anything, he just wanted us out of there, he literally ran down the stairs behind us and out the door.
April 21st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking but thought I would say that I agree with the PI...if you hire a credible one...they could get you the evidence you need and would be able to testify in court. Also -- I wondering ...would his parents tell the truth? If put under Oath -- would they admit that she wasn't at their home that evening? If they lie under Oath -- and your PI proves they are...they could be held in contempt...

Of course if they told the truth...it could really help your case...
April 21st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I am not sure where his parents are with all of this, i have been trying to gather the courage to call and ask if she was there, but I am afraid if she lies to me too, i might lose my temper...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search