I'm back

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
jojo1207's Avatar Ayla 11/8/10
Things are not going well for me. A month ago, hubby came to me and admitted his shortcomings and said he would "show me" that he could be better, change, etc. Course, that was crap. It's been a month now and while there have been some efforts with the kids, there has been literally zero effort on the marriage or me. Day after day, week after week, I spent my days and nights alone. Just stupid. I am so over it. Many times we've separated, sometimes a few days, once he got his own place for five months... but even then, I would miss him and ask him to come back. This time, I want him to leave and have really no good feelings about him being here in anymore. Except, he's refusing. AAARRGGH. He says as long as he pays the bills, he stays. He has moved into the spare bedroom but it's maddening to even see him walk the hall. My dilemma is that I have four children, I'm pregnant due in November with a houseful of animals. I cannot just pickup and move out - where would we go? How would we afford it? I'm literally chained to this home with him in it. So frustrated and so miserable.

May 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Call legal aid and see what they say. If this is what you want, given the circumstances of the kids and pregnancy, you need to find out what your rights are as far as kicking him out and then go about it legally. I know how maddening it is--Tom says he can tell when my ex calls just by the sound of my voice. I get tense and any semblance of caring vanishes. LOL Wonder why?
May 29th, 2010, 01:39 AM
jojo1207's Avatar Ayla 11/8/10
What is legal aid?

May 29th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Legal Aid is a group of lawyers who only represent people who cannot afford an attorney on their own. Even if you do not qualify for their services, they can give you some advice as to what you can do and what your first steps should be. Given your circumstances-pregnant with 4 children and a husband who refuses to move out, you may just quaify. Now, they aren't always the best lawyers--like the old sayihg goes "you get what you pay for" but they are lawyers and they can help you to get things done right. You also could luck out and get a really good one who just wants to help.
Just Google "LEGAL AID IN CALIFORNIA" (or if you aren't in CA anymore, whichever state you will be filing in) and there comes up a list of different organizations devoted to getting you free legal care, including Legal Aid. If you need any more help finding someo0ne, PM me and I will send you a list in your state. Good luck!!!
HUGS!!!
June 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry Jo! I was really hoping for you......

Your little ones are so cute! Cant wait to see #5!

Anything new? Did you find a legal aid number and try them?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search