Well, the decision is made.....

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's the first step, I guess. We are moving to Oregon in a few weeks. Im scared to death and ecstatic all at the same time.

I have about 4K to do this, so I have to be careful, but it's possible. I did get a month extension where we are at, which is great, because I wasn't exactly prepared. Im nervous that I wont have a job in time, but I might have to just take the first thing and then get into my line of work where Im actually doing what I went to school for...lol. Whatever it takes, though.

Did I mention Im scared to death? Im taking a trip down there to scope out where and what I can afford and and am sending out resumes to every address I find.

I feel completely alone with 5 kids that depend on me. I dont want to stay in a shelter...I am just hoping that everything falls into place....and the things that dont are just minor things. And that I find someone that is renting out is willing to actually hear my story (everyone has one, I know) but at least hear the reasons why my credit is shot.....ugh...and it wasn't because it was my choice.

That's pretty much it here on this end. My car goes in for the maintenance on it tomorrow...still waiting on my letter for my certification exam. Just hoping they dont send it AFTER we move...that would stink! LOL! Still haven't told the ex until everything is in place. I am procrastinating on that one. We dont talk anymore, so it makes it a lot easier.

The first ex and I are on good terms again...never takes long. My son goes with him for all of July to the second weekend in August when my son gets to see where we live. I hate that he isn't coming with us at the same time, but it's not the end of the world. My son was fine with it on the condition that I brought him to the craft store! I was confused...he saved up his allowance and bought two of the nicest hardcover books, and used up all of his allowance. These books were $12 each. He asked for a family meeting and we all listened to his idea...He said he got two books at the craft store. And one book he would keep with him at all times and the other book, we would keep with us at all times. He would take pictures and draw us pictures of everything he got to do, places he got to go, and we would do the same on our 'road trip' to find a new place to live. So that neither of us would miss a single thing in each others lives....I cried. It was such a great idea....
He has never been away from all of us for this long. Just an overnight her or there...not 6 weeks. Not during his birthday, and not all summer! I know it's hard for him, and probably harder on me...lol! But it will be so good for all of us.

Anyway, The older baby is almost 2 and acts like it now. He gives me a new gray hair every day...and the baby is almost one. Boy, how time flies! They are so different yet exactly alike if that makes sense. The older ones are concerned about making new friends, but are excited at the same time.

God, I hope I can do this...somehow pull all this together and make the best life I can for the kids and I....there's no way to know until I do just do it.

So busy busy busy these next few weeks...making sure the kids shots are all up to date, the car is running perfectly, documents are organized and with me, resumes, job search, road trips, somebody make it stop! LOL!

I think I got caught up on reading the other posts....and just wanted to check in....

Hope everything is going well for everyone!
June 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Wow. What an exciting time! I LOVE your son's idea! What a wonderfully creative child he is! I would never have thought of doing that but both books will make terrific keepsakes.
I don't know about Oregon, but down here in Florida we have lots of jobhunting sites. I never had any luck with Monster.com but I did with careerbuilder.com and jobfinder.com. Maybe you can get some interviews set up through that and get the ball rolling? I used to live in Portland many years ago. It is beautiful and I would have stayed if it wasn't for the rain. LOL
Keep us posted and remember...JM goes to Oregon, too! LOL
HUGS!!!!
July 14th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh! I have to say how incredibly jealous I am because I don't have the guts to move away but I think one day I might, but it will be in the same state lol! I would be scared out of my mind, I'm scared out of my mind to live alone and I'll be on the same property as my parents!!! I would also check out job hunting websites, too. Saves time and money, I would check with the personnel board with the city or county you might live in and see what kind of jobs they have, that way not only would you have a job but you'd have a government job as well, which usually comes with great insurance. I would be so nervous but I think you should do it, even though it is a big deal, and do it before you talk yourself out of it. I can't wait to see your updates!! Try to take some pics if you can!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search