???

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
What's everyone up to these days? It's so quiet in here! I sure hope that's a good thing....lol
July 22nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I go Aug. 4th for my divorce hearing. Yay. I'm pretty upset because I know it is going to be such a long day because we have two protection orders to be brought up & decided on for the domestic violence (and on top of that he's appealing the case so I'll have to deal with that later on). My mother and I haven't met with my attorney to go over things because I had ankle surgery yesterday so I'm a little freaked out that it will be a last minute thing.

But my mother told me I could only freak out about one thing at a time and right now it is my ankle, which the surgery was a very, very painful ordeal (I was in so much pain they had to put a nerve block in my leg) so it is very hard. I am just depressed because I'll have to more than likely wear my stupid boot (OR WORSE HAVE TO TAKE MY WALKER) to court and I wanted to look nice and have cute shoes.

So asldjfaopsdifu4uro;kwje;jfrosd just alsjdfoiajsdpofu3248jqiwnedf;kjn!!!!!!!!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
July 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG What was the surgery for? Did you break your ankle or what? I know you're worried about the hearing. We all know it's going to be hard on you. No question about that. I hope he doesn't drag things out. I really hope it goes better than you think it will. You're in my prayers...
HUGS!
July 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeppers Dani, I broke my ankle on April 1st (well, fractured it) which was worse, actually. Uh it's been awful!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
August 2nd, 2010, 01:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow...was just looking at your original post date on this....its been a long time since I visited....

Bran, so sorry about your ankle!

OK still here...didn't go to Oregon. I am really having a tough time finding a job. Its been about 4 weeks now REALLY busting my hump trying to find a job, and no such luck. I suppose I had these expectations that after graduating, that I would find a job right away and all would work out (quickly) but it's not so quick. I dont know if it's the economy, or the fact that I haven't worked for the last few years when I was supporting that fruitloop's military career...but it's becoming really frustrating.

Not much else going on here....the ex recently asked me to remarry him... LMAO! (Gotta love that smiley!) I said SURE! And told him that I loved to play the role of his mother, always wondering if I could trust him to provide and support his family, that I enjoyed never feeling like part of a team in any way, doing all the stuff in the house AND taking care of all the kids because his only job was to work, that my kids' pain over him abandoning them wasn't THAT big of a deal...followed by the conditions...(all of which would require an incredible amount of motivation, determination, perseverance, patience, responsibility, and would ultimately NEVER happen because he lacks ALL of the above.) Provide the same number of bedroom home or place to live that we had before he left and MY house foreclosed, apologize to my children for his choice to have NOTHING to do with them even though he committed to them in our ceremony, want for *almost* nothing if the family is taken care of, learn how to be financially responsible, content with what you have.
That was the end of that discussion...lol

I recently had my car broken into, my wallet stolen. I have had things stolen a few times mostly when I was much younger. You learn what you can from it and move on...THIS TIME, though, these !@$#$%$#%@$# stole my wallet with a small amount of cash in it, all my families' health information, pictures, my bank card, ID, EVERYTHING. I found out because we had a family trip to the zoo planned, and I was looking everywhere for my wallet to find my card and make sure I had everything for the days exciting trip. Wasn't in the house. Dang, I probably forgot it in the car...(which I do on occasion because with all these kids, Im telling you, it's a wonder that they all make in into the house, let alone my purse or wallet LOL) I go out to my car and my glove box is open, all the cards in my thing above the visor are thrown on the floor, my seat pushed back. OH MAN! I run inside and grab the phone to check my balance at the bank. Already negative! Im a crying sobbing mess, our zoo trip was now RUINED not only because I have no money in the bank, but now I am going to be spending the whole day sorting this out. I get to the bank to prove what I already know...and she begins running through the places it was used and tells me it was first used at 5:30am at a gas station. It was one right after another different locations, continuous 20 dollar increments.
#$@#%$# I am a mess at this point, but at least now I have some sort of proof to take with me to the police. So I go to the station very upset, and the officer comes out and says, 'let me guess, between the blocks of X and X. I just stare at her like WTH? She tells me the whole neighborhood was hit...(I was the 6th or 7th randomized theft report.) I told her she really didn't understand I only have (insert very low amount of income here) and 5 kids to feed! That was ALL I had! And proceeded to tell her that I wanted my stuff back! (LOL) So gave me a pep talk and put me in check saying that what she has seen I should be counting my blessings that me and my entire family were all well and things could have gone much worse. Enough said! And that's true-especially from her perspective and what she has seen. I walked out of there with a completely different outlook and thanked her. She said now, go take your kids to the zoo. I thought about asking to BORROW some money to take them to the zoo, at least until I get my WALLET BACK LMAO but I didn't push it. LOL It affected me, though. The loss of control over my personal finances, basic needs, state food card, ID, insurance info. It was an AWFUL experience knowing that someone used MY card, with MY name on it, got into MY car, and stole MY wallet, and trashed my car in the process. If I had caught them, I would have probably broke it out Madea style. Probably amature crackheads, the officer said. The minor inconveniences such as going to get a new drivers license, reporting all your crap stolen and requesting new cards, cancelling others, doesn't feel as big a violation as having someone use your bank account. I hope they catch these little @$#%@^%

So I have sooo busy to say the least. Trying to find a job, a place to live, then having to deal with this garbage....ugh.....kids are doing pretty good, lots of birthdays coming here in our househould...once a month for the next three months...lol

My youngest daughter likes to talk (and spill her entire guts about what is going on in all our lives) and ran into a neighbor down the road. Her son is friends with my oldest daughter. She is in the same field of work I am, ex military wife, divorced, and lives in a trailer on her ex-husbands property and him and his girlfriend live in the house from what my girls tell me....and the girls say she is going to stop by tomorrow to chat or something. I dont know how people do that without going crazy...living on the same property as the ex with the ex and their girlfriend/boyfriend. I would rather catch the plague and die. I know it works for some people, where they divorce, and they each meet other people and they all live on the same property like one big happy family. Anyway, we will see what tomorrow brings...

Gosh, I miss you Dani and Bran!

Off to bed!
August 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I was not expecting that! (I'm sure you weren't either!) Here I thought you were on your way to your new home and getting settled in and that's why we haven't heard from you. I am so sorry that happened to you! I hope they catch the little weasles too! I had that happen once here and it was truly ironic because we NEVER leave anything in the car and we'd just gotten home from visiting my oldest son and my middle one had his Ipod in the glove compartment and the car was broken into. Never before---never since. But boy I wanted a piece of the little beggars! Had I known for sure who it was, I would have kicked his patootey from here to kingdom come! LOL But...no evidence and that was the last of it. I sure hope they catch them and I hope you never have to go through that again! What a mess!
Your ex sure has nerve...LOL Mine wanted to buy me a new diamond ring. Promised me 3 carats. LOL No obligsation...I just had to wear it on my left hand ring finger. LOL I turned him down...retrospectively I should have taken it. He owes me more than that now. LOL
Hope you get to the zoo soon!
HUGS!!!!
August 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I'm still around (for the most part); I spend 99% of my JM time on the debate board (love it!).
Life is very busy as always - work, kids etc etc.
My job changed a bit (I'm even busier and now I have way more employees to deal with) but I love it.
SO & I are still going strong, still raising kids even more full time than before.

The ex has not contacted them since June 13th. He lost his drivers license for non-payment of his child support and is already over $4500 in arrears. The enforcement agency is waiting on a court date so they can move towards a Default Hearing. He has made zero effort since day 1 to respond to their letters & calls about his arrears and attempts to get him to make a VAPS with them (Voluntary Arrears Payment Schedule), so they are simply going through the motions that they hope will have the biggest effect.
They did not bother with Writ of Seizure & Sale since they do not believe he has anything that they could take money from. They also did not bother with the Federal suspension (passport & such) because he doesn't own one. They went straight to the suspension, and now pending the court date so he can explain to the Judge why he's a big POS

Anywho, time to put boys to bed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search