The Sunday Switch

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Christina33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how I HATE the Sunday Switch!!! The kids & I really got use to being together again all summer long and here it is school year again and that means back to dad's Here's what was really bad: We were eating after playing a game of Yatzee, when my oldest looks at the clock and says it almost 2:30. My youngest, who is 9, put his head down and cried his eyes out! So of course I started to cry too! He said he misses me so much when he's gone and he's not ready to go back yet. I hate this!! I know I did the right thing by letting them live with their dad right now. And I know they're ok once they get there. But it still kills me! I hate it so much! I know it's because we spent so much time together for the summer (my custody arrangement is that they live with dad during the school year, mom during the summer) and now they just have to get use to the weekend thing again. It still sucks!

Thank You ~steph2007~ For My Beautiful Spring Siggy!

August 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Oh Christina! I can't imagine how hard that was on you! It breaks my heart just reading about it. How are you holding up? When do you get the kids back? It's going to be tough getting used to the school year again, I am sure. Vent here whenever you need to.
HUGS!!!!
August 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks so much! It really means a lot to have a place where I can get this out!
They come back weekend after next. When my baby got upset, I decided that we would make a calendar - 2 pieces of construction paper taped together LOL with the month on the bottom and pretty colored pictures and stickers on top - And we put stickers on all the days they come to my house. That way he can keep track and know exactly how many days until he comes back! He was very happy with that! Tonight they called and said they put their calendars up in their rooms and my youngest said he's "already marked off 2 days!" He was very excited and it made me happy to hear his excitment, knowing I had done something to contribute to that.
I'm so glad there is some place I can come where people understand. Really, it means so much to me! Thanks Sweetie!

August 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww What a wonderful idea! Whatever helps them (and you!!!) get through the time between visits. You could also get them each a notebook and have them keep "journals" to share with you when they come back. Even if they're only pictures they draw of things they saw or did, they will have the stories to tell you and you will have a wonderful memory book from each boy to treasure always! (You could also keep one for them with pictures and stories about your days.) They can cut out pictures from magazines and paste them in their books and draw things for you. As they get older, they can write about their days. This also gives you some really special one on one (or two) time with them to read through each other's books. Write funny poems for each one or silly songs. That helps them to know that you're missing them and thinking about them too.
I'm glad you feel comfortable here. It's always nice to find a place where you're understood and can feel free to vent or cry or whatever you need at any given time. I'm glad you found us!
HUGS!!!!
August 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much for understanding the way you do - it has helped me tremendously.
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your idea about each of us keeping a journal! The boys will love that I'm keeping one as well! I really think that is an idea they will get into BIG TIME! Since they were about 4 & 5 they have loved keeping notebooks - writing, drawing, keeping lists in them of their favorite superheros or which cartoons they like to watch! They will LOVE Momma keeping one as well with her thoughts & pictures too! What a GREAT idea!
I'm feeling better just thinking about it!

August 19th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
HUGS!!!
August 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Update!!
The boys LOVED the idea of the journals! They each have a car notebook & I got a Red Queen (alice in wonderland) notebook. We have each made a first entry for today, I guess they liked the idea so much they wanted to start right away! On top of that, they wanted to record their memories of our time together as well. I also think they really like the idea of reading mine too lol! But I'm happy to share. And I'm so happy they're on board with the idea.
They also let me know that they needed new calenders "because it's about to be a new month"
These boys have my heart right in their little hands
I just wanted to thank you again for the idea and let you know how well it was received

August 29th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm so glad they liked it and it's going well! I know you will all treasure your "journals" forever. I hope it makes the time away from each other easier to bear.
HUGS!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search