one year ago tomorrow...

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
STBX and I decided to get a divorce...

It has been a long and trying year, but hopefully 2011 will have better and happier things in store for me.. The divorce still isn't final, but we kinda did that on purpose. We are getting along better and better these days. Lillie is an amazing little person and we both feel extremely blessed to have her. I'll post a better update later when I have more time, but I felt that I needed post something of an update since it's been SO dead in here for such a long time.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 31st, 2010, 04:29 PM
SweetCris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woah i wish i was at your point. Instead i am where you were one year ago. I am so scared
Do you feel like there is a chance for your two to get together again, since you're doing better? or it is a "friendly" doing better? I wish you could tell me more about this challenging year of yours. thanks and god bless. you're strong. happy new year!

28. MOM TO NICHO. SEPARATED & UNTAKEN. WORKER. 'BOUT TO GO LIVING ALONE WITH MY ANGEL. NEW LIFE IS GOOD!!

I ADORE PHOTOGRAPHY: MY FLICKR (artphotos) | MY WEBSITE (business, italian)

Last edited by SweetCris; December 31st, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
January 1st, 2011, 06:49 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
It's great to read that you two are able to get along for the best of the child; it's too bad that not all parents can act like adults.

I have stopped trying to get my ex to behave like a father. He has not helped financially with his 4 kids since March 2010, and he finally decided he wanted to see his kids after 6.5 months & took them for visitation on Thurs (to be returned today).
He has not had them for an overnight visit since May 2007 even

Best of luck in the new year!

January 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. I have to get headed to work soon, so this will be short.

Cris: It's a friendly better. I have no feelings for him in that way any longer and even if I did, I wouldn't put myself through what he did all over again.

KrazE: Wowza! I feel very fortunate that he's still so active in her life. Like she is to me, she is his world. Sometimes his priorities get a little jumbled, but he's a man so I pretty much expect that.

Best of luck to you all. I need updates from everyone... *taps foot*

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 4th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Glad to hear things are going well (except for the divorce). Hope you had a good holiday!

You're lucky he's so active! What I wouldn't give for that. Fredericks father hasn't been active at all. He's seen him once in a 14 month span. And that was for 2-3 hours only. Never called on Christmas either nor sent anything.

I've luckily got an attorney who is getting me full custody with him having limited visitation.

And the child support division office attorney in Florida and him go to court December 6th!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search