advice

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont normally post here but I need some advice. I have been divorced for 8 years. My ex doesnt keep a job longer then like 6 months and has recently has been asking my 12 yo what I do with the child support. I have no idea why he would ask that. My husband works and we pay all the house bills with his pay check. I just deposit it into the checking account and usually by groceries with it. The thing is I dont depend on it seeing it is supposed to be pulled out of his check and for about the last 6 months he has been going to the court house to pay it. I just wondering if I should be getting ready for yet another court case. Thanks

February 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Well the way I see it, it doesn't matter what you do with the child support money. That money is supposed to go to everything that involves your child. That doesn't just mean clothes, food, school supplies, etc. That also includes household bills, gas for car trips, special things (going to movie, out to eat, shopping). A lot of people (especially the people that pay the child support) seem to think that that money is only to be used on the child's needs. Well you are paying house bills and stuff with your husbands check you said? Then your husband has supplied money towards your kid. Are there times that you've paid for things for your child out of your money or your husbands money? As long as you're not solely using the child support as your paycheck, using it just for yourself (paying bills with it, pampering yourself, etc), and it sounds like you're not.
IDK if any of this made sense. It makes me angry when people throw a fit because you used the child support money to pay a bill or buy groceries one time. It involves the child and the custodial parents throws out a lot of their own money on the kids well being and it's pretty impossible for some parents to use the child support money on JUST the child.
My ex paid the mother of his 3 kids $800 a month. The mother did not have a job, her boyfriend had an on and off job not making much at all, so they basically lived off the child support, which is ridiculous IMO.
I don't see why this would end up back in court. If it's already established that he owes you X amount a month, I'm not sure there's much more the court can do in the way of how you spend the money.

Steph (24)

February 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When they calculate childsupport they base it on a lot. The only thing that your daughter needs to tell her father is Dad I have a roof over my head, I stay warm at night, I have cloths, I take showers daily, and I eat every day at every meal. There for your child support is being used to take care of me.

Thanks to tasha_mae for making my siggy!
February 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bunny.....are you my stalker agian lol?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search