Separated and Pregnant

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I separated in January. It was mutual at the time and we were planning on working on things but they turned more with every passing day. Working things out is not an option. I do not want to be married to him. I don’t deserve the things he has and is continuing to do to me.
He was a willing participant when we were TTC, he acted nervous but a lot of men do, especially first time dads. Then I got pregnant the first month. I guess this freaked him out. He became short tempered with me, and refused to help me with anything. He was all about his video games and hanging out with his friends. This was an issue before I got pregnant I should have been wiser. Anyway then my morning sickness hit and it was awful I ended up in the hospital and was on zofran and it was terrible I lost a ton of weight. Well during this time I was taking care of myself. He would only get me something if I waited till a “save point” on whatever game he was playing. The Sunday I ended up in the ER he left for work and I called my mom to come over to help me (we live next door) when she walked in I was laying with my head over the side of the bed heaving into a garbage bag, every dish in the house was dirty and piled in the sink and there were 7 bags of trash in the kitchen cause he wouldn’t go to the dump. She went ballistic and took me to her house where she took care of me and then took me to the ER that night. Even after I got home things did not improve the opposite in fact he became worse and told me that apparently I was going to be sick for a long time so I just needed to get used to it.

There is even more to it but I gave the highlights. If I told everything this would be ten pages long.

I am not going to raise a husband while I raise a baby. He has gotten increasingly harsh with me not caring how much he upsets me or stresses me out.
He is a momma’s boy and she has been overly involved in our lives since the beginning and still is. He goes running to her with every tiny problem and she comes in dashing to his rescue. Whether it be giving him money for toys or defending him. She has even called his place of work to try to get a tax paper that he was having a hard time getting. It is pathetic.
She called me two nights ago to ask when the tax money is coming back because she is helping him create a budget. Poor baby! I told her the same answer I gave him. I don’t know and I will let HIM know when I do.
This whole situation makes me sick. He does not care about this baby. He has not bought the first thing for him or shown any genuine concern.
Here’s the kicker- he still thinks he is going to be the one to drive me to the hospital and that he is going to be the only one in the delivery room with me when he is born. No matter how many times I tell him he’s NOT. He wants me back but there is no way in hell.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search