Anyone here??

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 04:37 AM
SweetCris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seems like a dead forum, a lot of people in need to talk and no-one willing to listen. Sadly i dont have much experience, i am separated only since 5 months and still living the hardest period of my life
I would be nice we create a community here to even just talk of the 'simple' things not only about the troubles.

WHO IS HERE???

28. MOM TO NICHO. SEPARATED & UNTAKEN. WORKER. 'BOUT TO GO LIVING ALONE WITH MY ANGEL. NEW LIFE IS GOOD!!

I ADORE PHOTOGRAPHY: MY FLICKR (artphotos) | MY WEBSITE (business, italian)
April 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here! Yes this forum seems dead. I left my ex after many years of metal abuse that turned into psychical abuse right before I left. I'm sure there are many women out there in similar situations, but don't know how to open up about it. It to me a long time to finally speak to someone about my relationship and I'm so glad I did. I don't think I would have been able to leave him if I didn't have any support.
April 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I',m here. My ex abandoned us for the first time right around the time I found out I was pregnant with my last. He was mentally abusive and lazy (refused to work or take care of minions so I could). He refused to work on marriage (I went to counseling alone). We tried the live together but sleep separately for awhile and that did not work. Ended up losing our place due to him lying and me putting to much faith in him (my youngest was 2 months old). He stayed with his mom while the 3 minions and I were homeless... bouncing place to place and eventually a shelter. He then skipped state because someone told him I was trying to serve him... But the minions and I stayed together and made it through.

I pulled us back up on our feet. Started school again and met a wonderful man. Not to say we do not have our bumps but SO is a good man. My ex has yet to ever pay child support and fought me over everything. lol he cannot pay the $124 a month for the minions... Yes, he works under the table and I cannot prove it. So that is what the court gave him.

Sadly I don't care. I can and have made it without him. I am proud of it. True, for a while the minions did not have much of anything and we barely got by for a year, but we made it.

We are civil and he pretty much only sees the minions on holidays and maybe for an hour if I am in his town and his mother decides I am worth talking to (Easter). I have never told him no on seeing the minions (who he is suppose to have every other weekend) and have never told his mother no. We only live 45 minutes away and I do let them know every time I will be in town. I just block out all they did to me for the minions. They do not need waring parents. Sad he does not see them more but....

Anyway, Hi!
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
April 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
I'm here just really busy. I'm a full time college student and raising my LO on my own as well.

Been seperated from FOB since November 2009.

May 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCris View Post
Seems like a dead forum, a lot of people in need to talk and no-one willing to listen. Sadly i dont have much experience, i am separated only since 5 months and still living the hardest period of my life
I would be nice we create a community here to even just talk of the 'simple' things not only about the troubles.

WHO IS HERE???

I'm with you. I'm a baby. Only two weeks separated. I could use people to talk to. I keep dropping by to look around, and nobody is here.
May 25th, 2011, 08:43 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I stopped checking in when people stopped posting, even when I tried to get people who were here to join in a roll call

I've been separated for 6 years, divorced for 1 year (dealt with child custody matters first).

I was (and still am) my own lawyer for all the court processes that have re-started again - I have a new court date on May 31st after 2 years of quiet from the last court proceeding where I was awarded sole custody of the 4 kids.

We're back into court as the ex has filed a motion to change custody & support. He is requesting custody of the 2 oldest (they will be 17 & 16 next month) and the two youngest remain with me (13 & 12).

I'm agreeing to the split custody as the teens want the opportunity to live with him before they are grown & on their own; they have barely seen him at all for years (his doing). He's seen them once in a full year now. For all I know, the Judge could very well refuse the change even if we are both agreeable AND the teens have voiced their want.

Anywho, I'll pop in here more often if anyone needs to bend an ear or ask questions to get another point of view or even help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search