newbie here. stepmom/father issues

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the boards, and was hoping to get some feedback from others who may be or have been in the same situation.

I just found out on Monday, out of the blue, that my 8 year old is leaving the state with his stepmother (no biological parents present) for 3 days. Needless to say, I wasnt very happy. I barely know this woman, met her 1 time, and spoke with her once. She never does transition, and has her phone number blocked when my son calls while in her care.

it was like pulling teeth, to get my ex to give me the flight info ( found out later, it was wrong) on purpose)??? And he refuses to give me a contact number for her. Its all very secret, Have no clue why?

By the way, this is all court ordered, that i get this information when he leaves the state

I was smart enough to have found her number on a school form, so I have it.

Stepmom was all nice the first day, now out of the blue, her number is blocked again, my son said, he has to call me, I cant call him, and if I dont hear back, I have to wait till the next day to hear from him. Im like "no", thats not going to happen. Now, the stepmoms phone is turned off, and I cant reach him. pisses me off!. I have no clue wher my child is now. He told me yesterday, they are going to a different state?

Would you allow your child to go out of state with the stepmother, without a biological parent present?. My issue is the lack of communication, and the fact that my child has to follow her values and rules for 3 days, without a biological parent to intervene.
June 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I absolutely would not allow this. I would call the courts and police department and tell them whats happening and that you have court paperwork stating such and such. She cant do this and legally if there IS court orders for certain things both her and the ex would get in very big trouble.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search