An interesting twist in my case

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 10:29 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I have been separated for over 3 years from my ex now, our child support case is about to go to its first court hearing. It was opened by the state when my son and i got state assistance. (essentially the other state was very lazy and didnt want to work on the case)
HOWEVER, in the near future I will also be starting custody stuff. We were never married. For the past three years my ex refuses to speak to me or his son or be any part of his sons like, our son will be 4 in december. He hasnt seen him since he was about 5 1/2 months old. My son has no idea who this man is, but my husband (step father) is the only daddy he has ever known. I am going to be moving for full custody and I just came across a police report my ex filed. (we came out of a very abusive toxic relationship and my son and i fled the state with state help from him while he was going to court for abuse, the charges were dismissed on technicalities)

THIS is the report he filed in 2010. Mind you, I had been calling and texting with him for two days for him to see his son and arrange to talk, which he HAD been open to doing: (exact copy of report)

On december 26, 2010 approx 1415 I was dispatchec to **** in reference to Harrassment. Upon arrival I made contact with ABC (ex) who stated his ex girlfriend (i was really his fiance) showed up at his mother. He claims he keeps calling him and randomly shows up wanting him to see his son Chase, who is approximately 1 year old (seriously? he was bout to turn 2)
He also states Amandas boyfriend David shows up with her sometimes (he was always with me for safety purposes). I asked ABC if he knew Amanda or David's phone number or where they worked or lived. He stated he has no information on them, other than Amandas parents lived somewhere in HWY 14. (again, I had called and texted several times over the past few days so he HAD my contact info)
I also made contact with his mother, who stated that she receives phone calls trying to reach ABC while at her home, and doesnt wish to be bothered at her home or by phone. I advised her to be sure and have a "No Tresspassing" marker, clearly visible on her property, therefore if someone does trespass, law enforcement is able to cite them. (we were not on her property we were in fact parked on the street at the end of her drive way begging them to come outside or even to LOOK through the door or window at our son)

ABC and his mother both advised the phone calls were not threatening in nature, just bothersome. ABC advised me that he changed his number recently so he probably wont be bothered by phone anymore. However he doesnt want her randomly showing up bringing his son. (he changes his number anytime i talk to him and has never responded to ANY form of contact)

I advised ABC and his mother that they need to try to get a parenting plan (I have begged and pleaded for a parenting plan without yet involving the court). It would be beneficial for all parties involved and that I would document todays incident. No further action was taken.

THAT is the report he filed. Seems like he was shooting himself in the foot a bit. The way it looks to me is he essentially told a law enforcement and made it a legal statement 9useable in court) that means he doesnt want me to contact him or his mother or to see his son, especially if i "randomly" show up with him, although in this case it was planned and I was SUPPOSED to bring him over. SO ladies, with that above, what are your thoughts on the report? Could this be a good and powerful thing to use in family court for custody? (on top of police reoprts and him having charges of abuse and cruelty on me and our son even if they were dismissed)

October 2nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
I would take anything and everything that could be helpful in any way. The fact that you can punch holes into his whole report shows that he's a liar. This guy reminds me of my daughter's father and I want to tell him to grow up already. All you can do is be as prepared as possible for court and be honest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search