It gets weirder by the second

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 04:42 PM
1. My son was just served by the Sheriffs department with a Restraining Order - with his soon to be ex-wife in the sheriffs car. He is not allowed to go near her (normal), the children (normal) or the dog!!!!! Has anyone ever heard of a Restraining Order protecting the dog?

2. The last time he has seen his car (no, it is not Community property according to his attorney because it was given to him by my wife and I, his parents and not purchased with community assets) she drove away from our son's house in it. That was about a month ago. One of his "abusive acts" against her - not telling her it was going to break down!!! Funny, it worked just fine a month ago and he has not seen the car since, nor is he allowed to fix it because of the Restraining Order!!!! He is an auto mechanic by trade.

3. The police department in the town she lives in (50 miles away) just called him asking where the car is because they are looking for it. The last time he saw it she was behind the wheel and all he saw was its brake lights.

OK, ladies, what's going on? BTW, for all the instances of his alleged abuse against her and the children he has witnesses that he wasn't even there at the time (one of them he was with my wife and I having dinner).
January 10th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None of us would know what's going on. Hopefully your son has an attorney who would work to figure this out. If he does not, my advise is to get one.
January 12th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Wait... so you're saying that the a restraining order was served by the sheriff while the person who filed the restraining order sat in the police car?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
January 16th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just remember you are only hearing your son's side of the story.

And again, how the heck to do we know what's going on???? We don't know this woman or your son. Sorry to say but based on the way you are writing (all women act the same so we should be able to tell you what any other woman is doing) leads me to believe this woman might be right in getting a restraining order. Abuse is not only physical. It's verbal & emotional too.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search