Messy

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Hi I am knew to this site, I'm feeling lost, as my sn suggests. To give a little background I have 2 daughters with my soon to be ex-husband we've been together for a long time. We were very recently married last year. I am expecting a baby in May, last Tuesday out of nowhere he left me. Wants nothing to do with me, the day before he told me he loved me and was so sweet. I was for lack of a better word shell shocked, I never thought that he would abandon our family like this. The next day we were talking about a divorce, I wasn't sure what was going on with him whether it was just overwhelming responsibility or what. In the course of exactly one week, I found out he has a girlfriend, he picked up my daughters for a weekend visit, which I thought was a good sign, while he had them he had a slumber party with his new girlfriend and her three kids, so can't be not wanting responsibility. I'm just so lost as to what to do. I clearly never want to be with him again, and I've come to terms that he's seeing someone else that "he loves" even though they've only known each other for one month and she's married as well. Leaving her husband for him. I've agreed that we won't discuss anything about our split until divorce is final but he's now not admitting anything to his family about his behavior and they think I kicked him out and am being crazy. We still haven't talked to a lawyer, I know that is the next step in this. I might have to fight for what I need to survive, I don't know how reasonable he will be I am a stay at home mother. I guess I just needed to unload all of this, can't be good to bottle it up. Thanks for reading.
January 16th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs. That's crazy that came out of no where. I'm so sorry. Personally I'd nicely tell someone that you trust in or near to his family what's really going on.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
January 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. Hugs. My exH wasn't forthcoming with his family, either. I told them the truth. He also had a girlfriend and had for many months. I knew we going to be divorcing but had no idea there was a girlfriend.

I don't know if you have money as a sahm (never been one so don't know how that works in your specific situation with $) but if you do I'd contact an attorney first, before your H. There are some who will do payment plans and/or accept credit cards. Where I am there is a place called "legal aid" and you can see if you're eligible for their support.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search