Looking for Advice

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2014, 09:40 AM
For some reason my ex husband's parents don't allow any gifts my 2 year old daughter gets over there to come home with her. (christmas, birthdays, etc.) My ex husband was recently kicked out of the army and is now living with them, which has only caused more problems since he was living in another state. I was wondering if anyone else has had this type of issue? Should I ignore it like I have been or is there anyone who has successfully dealt with this issue?
February 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The gifts she gets at ExH's parents house have to stay at that house? If that's the case I don't see what the problem is. What my ex and his family gave the kids stayed with them. They did not go to my house, nor would I want that. The kids needed things at that house.

The reverse was true also. Gifts I got my kids did not go to ExH's house. They had certain clothes they could wear to ExH's house. I was not letting my hard earned money get wasted. I know clothes and things didn't get taken care of at ex's house. The clothes and toys weren't brought back to my house a couple times I relented and let the kids take something special.
February 2nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
My parents have started doing the same thing with my nephew. My brother and his wife got a divorce and are both in new relationships. Her reason for it though is bc my brother's gf has an 11 yr old son who destroys everything he touches. She prefers to leave the stuff at her house that she buys him so it doesn't get lost or destroyed and so he has stuff to play with when he stays over. Especially if it's clothes bc he always seems to lose them at his parents houses or his siblings wear them. Heck when my husbands mom buys stuff for my girls I sometimes ask her to keep them at her house bc that way I don't have to pack a bag full of toys and such each time she wants to babysit at her house, its very convenient, and we already have so much stuff at our place that we don't really have room to add much more to it.

Last edited by MommyofAngels1985; February 2nd, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
February 24th, 2014, 02:24 PM
you have to keep on trying dont give up sooner or later they will understand

Tags
divorce , grandparents

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search