what can i do

Forum: Divorce and Separation

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Divorce and Separation LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 01:40 PM
asianmama
to make sure i get full custody of my children??????? my husband has already taken my one year old away from me- he gave her to his mom to take care of cuz he and she think i am unfit...

i am in conseling for depression and taking anti depressant now so i think i am becoming a fit mom again but he doesnt think so...
August 18th, 2006, 01:44 PM
redspringrose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to redspringrose
First off, does your husband have custody of your daughter?? Are you okay with your MIL having her??

August 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
asianmama
there is no custody disputes yet, neither one of us have filed for divorce. i dont want my mil having her any longer. one week is too long......

we are seperated- but still living in the same house sharing the same bed-- he isnt gonna move out until i have this baby because he is afriad for his unborn child....
August 18th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I guess I should add that if you want custody of your children, then letting your husband take your daughter away from you now is not a good start. Unless, you need the help. And, then I would make it perfectly clear that it was for a few days just to give you a break.

You're not divorced, right?? He has no more right to take her away than you do. I know you are hurting right now and I'm so sorry. But, this is YOUR daughter and YOU have to fight for her. If she stays at your MIL's, then it will make it harder later on to get full custody.

Maybe you should call a lawyer and get a consultation. A lot of times they will do the first one for free. It doesn't matter what your husband and MIL think about you. You are this child's mother.

I feel so bad that you have to go thru this pregnant. Worrying is not good for you.

If you know that he is planning on divorcing you, kick his butt to the curb. Why give him the chance to "take" this child too??

I don't mean to sound bossy. LOL My ex informed me while I was pregnant that he didn't want the kids we already had and definitely didn't want the one I was carrying. I have full custody of my children. He doesn't even have visitation rights. He didn't want visitation.

You're situation is a little different because he wants the kids. Don't let him degrade you in the process. If he wants the kids, then he can meet you in court. KWIM??

August 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM
asianmama
thanks for the advice. i try to get my daughter back monday-- mil is coming to town with her.
August 18th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Good luck, sweetie. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

August 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you are going threw this. I would get your DD back when MIL comes back with her and talk to a lawyer to see what you can do when you decide to file for divorce. If you let your MIL keep her then it will look bad on you when you do file. But remember he has to PROVE you unfit to get the kids away from you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
August 18th, 2006, 05:02 PM
CrazyFrog
I think everyone has given you some great advice. I just want to give you
August 18th, 2006, 05:25 PM
monkhester
Everything that I wanted to say has been said. Like everyone else, I strongly suggest that you not have your child away from you. It will be harder when you file for divorce and be used against you.

Good luck. Please keep us informed.

BTW, I am so glad that you have help for your depression.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search