Cough

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Mommy to Emma
Many of you keep mentioning a cough recently. I guess I never put 2 and 2 together about Emma's recent cough. She's actually been keeping us up a lot at night lately with it but never coughs during the day. Now you've got me wondering if it's related to her GER. We've weaned her down to 1 mL twice a day of Prilosec from 4 mL and she's getting 1/2 a tab of Prevacid (which I want to stop completely because I hate it). We were trying to get her off the Prilosec and on to the Prevacid but she's clamping her mouth shut for the tabs now and seems to like the bubble gum flavor of the Prilosec now.

Hmmmm maybe we'll start bumping her back up on Prilosec, get her off the Prevacid completely and see if that helps her cough.
April 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be allergies (this time of year) or it could be the GERD. Sometimes the coughing...they cough up stuff (like we do) or it's draining down and may sound like it's coming the other way.

Addison doesn't cough as much as she did for a while. She doesn't at night hardly at all. Does she sneeze any?

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
April 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Mommy to Emma
She's always been a sneezer. She sneezes constantly.

But her cough is only ever when she's sleeping which leads me to believe it's because she's laying down.

But the doctor said a few days ago that her chest was clear.
April 15th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
I'm constantly wondering about the relation between the coughing at night and GERD too.
I do know that coughing at night can simply be nasal drip - at night you lay down and it bothers you - during the day you are upright and it does not. So it could simply be that. But it could be GERD too - at night you lay down and the reflux is worse and during the day you sit up and it's not. So I'm not sure. My DD has been coughing a lot at night recently, but not much during the day. And we're not even weaning yet! LOL So I don't know.
My ped said she wanted us to wait for cold season to be over to wean "as coughing from a cold is worse when you have reflux." Not exactly sure what to take out of that message, but that shows they are somehow related anyway.
It's all so confusing!
- Xty
April 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Mommy to Emma
It is very confusing. We even tried raising one side of her mattress to help with any possible nasal drip but she moves so much in her sleep that she ended up rolling down and waking up.
May 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM
mary1234's Avatar Member
well if she is coughing at night when she is sleeping then it prob is her reflux.im not trying to be rude but you shouldnt wean or play with reflux meds with out the dr ok or instrutions it could do more damage then good.big hugs

[SIZE=2][/color]julia-6yr has sever GRED,immunedeficiancey and is bataling h pylori rite now.

</span>[color="#0000FF"]jason 1yr had pyloricstinosis surgery at 6weeks old,sever GERD,obstructive apnea and posible immune deficiancey

my angel jacob born too soon

my other angel lost to misscarage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search