New Here... Not New to Reflux... *sigh*

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
bobbie's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to bobbie Send a message via Yahoo to bobbie
Hi Ladies!! My name is Bobbie. I have 2 DC. My DD Mariah was born 2.13.01 and was a 35wk preemie. She suffered from reflux, but was a very happy got lucky puker. She was treated with Pepcid and was done with treatment at 6-8 months of age. She did require special formula, but other then that nothing compared to my son. My DS Alex was born 2.9.04 and was a full term 38wk'er. He also suffered from reflux, but his has been MUCH more severe. He's had allergies, major intolerances to milk, soy, wheat, corn, nuts, and lots more (I forget everything now). He's been on treatment, seen MULTIPLE Ped GI dr's, multiple trips to Children's Hospital... a nightmare. Finally landed on Neocate... and the world had peace at last! He's been battling on and off for a while and it was a nightmare.... Around 3 yo we stopped his meds as everything APPEARED to be calm and collective and the barium swallow showed NO reflux...

FAST FORWARD...

Alex is now 4yo. He turned 4 in Feb. I *thought* things were fine. I guess they were for a long time. We still battled with EI and he wasn't sleeping well, but the reflux really was out of the picture... until recently.

He'd been eating fine, he'd been acting fine, no vomiting, no rashes (he's always reacted funny to ALOT of foods), allergies all appeared under control... he was a happy go lucky boy, just a bad sleeper... never napped and wakes alot at night for drinks and to be "tucked" back in.

Well 3 weeks ago he started waking up SCREAMING at night. Everyone told me it was night terrors and he was fine. But he's 4, not an newborn, and he talks! So he tells me his TUMMY hurts and goes to the cupboard stands there and points (with a demanding point) for medicine. He knows... the Mylanta. Well... after a few doses it doesn't work... we head to the PED... they give my Pepcid. He's taking 10mg chewtables 2 x a day. I called today because he doesn't seem to get ANY relief. He's still screaming and he's now opted for the "not eating" strike.

We see the PED on Monday and I am asking and I know she will since when I talked to the nurse today she asked if she should do the referral NOW for the PED GI again, and I am hoping we can get into see the PED GI soon!! We are going on vacation on June 17th for 6 days Please PLEASE tell me he's not going to be miserable the entire time. I am so flustrated. I want to see the PED GI and I want him treated today, but even if we DO get the MAGIC combo tomorrow, we won't know for at least a few weeks....

I used to frequent another board and I do miss the mommy's there... I stopped back and some of them are still there, but the board is very inactive. So I began looking and found justmommies... I hope that I fit in here... I am a SAHM and I need some sanity of other mommys!!

Did I mention how much I hate reflux.... ???

Bobbie
Mommy to DD Mariah (2/13/01 - recovered refluxer) & DS Alex (2/9/04 - HELP ME!)

</div>
June 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Girl! You would probably understand when I say I want shirts printed that say "Reflux Sucks!". It sure does.

So sorry to hear that your son is suffering. That sounds horrible. Poor boy! I had 32 week preemies and my DD suffers from reflux. Luckily, Prevacid is taking care of it. We also take her to the chiropractor - and it really seems to help.

Come by the Preemie board - we would love to have you!
June 9th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I sure hope the doc can figure it out fast and will get you in to see the ped GI really soon. I'd tell him/her that you were going on vacation and you'd like to start treatment asap. Does his tummy hurt only at night? Does he scream and point to his tummy during the day too? Poor boy. To me it doesn't even sound like reflux? Reflux doesn't really make the tummy hurt, does it? Isn't it more of a throat pain when the acid comes back up? Maybe I'm wrong about that. But I'd want him to get seen asap so they can figure out exactly what is wrong. Let us know how it goes today. We'll be thinking of you...
- Xty
June 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
bobbie's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to bobbie Send a message via Yahoo to bobbie
He is telling me it's his tummy. They did put him on meds, but unfortunatly the ped GI is backed up and we just can't get in until after vacation to see them... in fact next month They are always like that and we have to drive 2 hours at that because there isn't one closer. Totally stinks!!

He's going to be seen though by the ped GI and his dr today said that he looks good weight and height wise and that we just have to keep "fighting" to keep him gaining and keep him going... It's just HARD!! I never thought it would be so much work

</div>
July 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Bobbie,
How's Alex's tummy doing lately? Is he still saying it hurts? I was thinking of you last night - all this week my DS has been saying his tummy hurts and he's never told us anything hurts before. But he tends to just say it before he poops, so I dunno. I think for us its nothing, but it made me think of you guys and wonder how its going?
- Xty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search