So who's here?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Super Mommy
Howdy! I'm Xty, your new cohost! This is my first hosting job, so if anyone has ANY suggestions at all for this board, please let me know. Feel free to start a post about it or PM me.

Lets all get to know each other a little better. Here's some questions to start...

1. How old is your child (or children) with reflux?

2. Boy/Girl?

3. What age were they diagnosed?

4. What were/are their symptoms?

5. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have HELPED?

6. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have NOT helped?

7. What meds or alternative therapies are you using right now?

8. Does your child with reflux have/had any other issues?

9. Do you have any other kids? How old? Do they have or did they have reflux?

10. Anything else you'd like to add?
June 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Super Mommy
I'll start....

1. How old is your child (or children) with reflux? 13 months

2. Boy/Girl? Girly-girl!

3. What age were they diagnosed? 5 weeks old

4. What were/are their symptoms? Not wanting to drink bottle, barfing up the little she did drink, sometimes hours after

5. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have HELPED? Prilosec

6. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have NOT helped? Zantac, Reglan (can't remember if this was for reflux or for her not eating enough though), Prevacid. I think Prevacid would have helped as its the same drug class as Prilosec, but she gagged and barfed anytime we tried to give her the solutabs. She did much better on the compounded liquid Prilosec.

7. What meds or alternative therapies are you using right now? NOTHING! Wahoo! We weaned her off her meds a little over a month ago. So far so good!

8. Does your child with reflux have/had any other issues? Failure to thive (FTT) and milk and soy formula allergies (was on Neocate formula)

9. Do you have any other kids? How old? Do they have or did they have reflux? Also have a 2.5 year old DS and looking back and knowing everything I know know I think he did have reflux. Brought him to the ped with the correct symptoms, but never was diagnosed. He's doing awesome now though.

10. Anything else you'd like to add? I'm excited to be your host!
- Xty

Ok, now its YOUR turn!!!
June 27th, 2008, 02:31 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Howdy! I'm Xty, your new cohost! This is my first hosting job, so if anyone has ANY suggestions at all for this board, please let me know. Feel free to start a post about it or PM me.

Lets all get to know each other a little better. Here's some questions to start...

1. How old is your child (or children) with reflux? she is 4 months now but my other 2 children had when they were babies

2. Boy/Girl?girl

3. What age were they diagnosed? 2 weeks

4. What were/are their symptoms?spitting up all the time and losing weight

5. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have HELPED? zantac and reglan

6. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have NOT helped? thats all we tryed

7. What meds or alternative therapies are you using right now?zantaz qand reglan

8. Does your child with reflux have/had any other issues?no

9. Do you have any other kids? How old? Do they have or did they have reflux?they had reflux and it was gone by 7 montsh wih noth of them my son is almost 4 next month adn my daughter is 2.5

10. Anything else you'd like to add?[/b]

ops all my anwers are in teh quote above i have no idea how i did this

June 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
~Veronika~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Moved from San Diego, CA to Issaquah, WA and hating every moment of it!
Send a message via AIM to ~Veronika~ Send a message via MSN to ~Veronika~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Veronika~
1. How old is your child (or children) with reflux? At about the 6 month mark, my son was finally able to start taking naps laying in his crib. At about 6.5 months, he started sleeping in his crib exclusively. We think his reflux may finally be resolving itself!!

June 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
1. How old is your child (or children) with reflux? Going on 4 months next week.

2. Boy/Girl? Girl

3. What age were they diagnosed? She was a little over 2 months old.

4. What were/are their symptoms? I knew she had it when she kept 'spitting up'. After throwing up 2oz of her formula, I decided that I had enough of it. She would constantly cry when she was 'ok'. It took our dr a while to finally diagnose it after many attempts to have it taken care of before.

5. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have HELPED? We kept her elevated all the time. We actually still do. She had to sleep in her carseat until we got her started on meds since I was scared that she would choke on spitup.

6. What meds or alternate therapies have you tried so far for the reflux that have NOT helped? Different formulas, different bottles,chamomile tea(but it helped calm her down after the 'episodes') The medicine helps but at times, its like before. Still spits up.

7. What meds or alternative therapies are you using right now? Liquid Zantac

8. Does your child with reflux have/had any other issues? She has a milk allergy but with the formula I was asked to try, it was worse because she didnt like the taste, and REFUSED to take the bottle. We went back to Soy formula.

9. Do you have any other kids? How old? Do they have or did they have reflux? None

10. Anything else you'd like to add? I cant wait for her to outgrow this.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
June 30th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Super Mommy
I find it interesting that a bunch of our reflux kids also were diagnosed with milk and/or soy allegies. I wonder if they are related or if the allergy was a misdiagnosis and all the issues are really just from the reflux? My DD was diagnosed with milk and soy allergies - she now drinks cows milk and eats cheese and eats tofu (soy) and all is well. Interesting...
- Xty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search