What happens...

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
when the medicines you have tried, dont work??? has anyone's LO had to have surgery to fix thier Reflux???

We are using our third try to help with her Reflux. First was trying 3 different formulas, second was using the Liquid Zantac, and now we are going to try Prevacid.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
July 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
I know a lot of people on here have said zantac didn't really work for their baby and then they tried either prevacid or prilosec and it helped a TON. I know that was our personal experience anyway. You have to give the prevacid a full week before judging it, which can be hard to wait that long. If your baby throws up either while taking it or within half an hour, we were told to regive the entire dosage. Otherwise they don't get the meds. We didn't know this at first and since she was barfing all the time she never really got the full dosage and thus didn't get better. So it was hard as we really didn't want her to throw up as she was failure to thrive and every calorie really mattered, but we made it a point to make sure the meds got in her and stayed in her no matter what for a week and then she really did stop vomiting finally. It was like a miracle to us. So I hope the prevacid will help you too and you won't even have to think about surgery. I don't have any experience with that - we didn't have to go there and I hope you won't have to either. Let us know how the prevacid goes. Are you doing the solutabs? Our DD didn't do well with them - they made her gag - so we switched to compounded (liquid) prilsec - same class of drugs - but worked better for us as it was a liquid.
Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes...
- Xty
July 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Its the Solutab, but we are going today to get it filled because I had to wait for her Medicaid card to come in. So hopefully she will do better with it. I hope it works.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
July 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were on Zantac, then Axid and just last week started Prevacid, so far so good. I hope it works for you guys too! To me it is much easier to give the Prevacid than the Axid or Zantac the taste is much better!
July 20th, 2008, 05:31 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Zantac also did not work for us. A week with the Prevacid, and we had a brand new baby. How's it going for you so far?

July 21st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Veteran
My son is on both Zantac and Reglan. I see alittle bit of a difference, but my son was born with a cleft palate and i was told that we should expect spitting up. He hates the tates of the Zantac...it was really hard to get him to take it but we got the hang of it. I also heard it doesnt work...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search