How does your LO sleep?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
We have to elevate her still on a pillow so she wont choke on her spit, which she loves because she cant stand to be laying flat on her back. I dont know if this is because she is just getting older, or because it makes her feel better.

What about yours?

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
July 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Super Mommy
We tried a side sleeping pillow thing that was supposed to keep her on her side - she had torticollis and it was supposed to help with that - but we found her on her tummy strapped into it and immediately stopped using it. And she was swaddled too! Oh my - no idea how she was strong enough to do that!
Anyway, is your DD able to roll over? Is it a special wedge pillow thing for babies or just a pillow? I'd worry if it was just a pillow - as she'll eventually be able to roll over.

But to answer your question - my DD slept swaddled in a Miracle Blanket on her back until she was about 5-6 months old - we stopped when she was able to roll from back to tummy while swaddled! After that we allowed her to sleep on her tummy (as there is really no stopping them once they can roll). When she had RSV we had her sleep in her baby swing so she'd be upright, but other than that she mostly slept in her crib laying flat.

- Xty
July 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When Sydney was really little we used a sleep positioner that elevated her head a little bit but as she started getting more mobile we stopped because she was getting out of it and it made me nervous. Now she sleeps in her crib which is slightly elevated at one end and she sleeps however she wants now that she rolls. She sleeps a lot better now that she is able to pick the position.
July 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Ady had Torticollis as well, dont think she still has that. Not sure though, her dr hasnt said anything about it. She just sleeps on a regular pillow. She cant roll over yet, though she will scoot off of it. As soon as she can roll over, we will be done using it.

I dont know what I would use when she starts to be more mobile. Hopefully she will be old enough to like being on her back, though again, with the spitup I dont know how that would work.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
July 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Veteran
My Pediatrician advised us to put Noah in his car seat at night when he sleeps. We had a couple of choking episodes and usually when he lays flat on his back he ends up spitting up and or choking. He's been sleeping in the car seat since he was 2 weeks old, and because we are paranoid parents he sleeps next to our bed.

I'm wondering how and when to transition him from his car seat to something else. Sometimes if he wakes early in the morn. I put him in bed with me to get an extra hour of sleep and he seems to do ok propped up on a pillow - we'v also tried the Boppy...he'll take a little cat nap in that but he doesnt want anything to do with it otherwise. Any ideas on what we could do?? Because he's been sleeping in the car seat he likes to sleep in a snug place (swing, bouncer..), but he hates to be swaddled. When he was born he would lay in the bassinet at the hospital and break out of the swaddles...sometimes he would work at it for 15 minutes until he got his legs free..hehe.

Anyways what are your ladies thoughts?

By the way - we tried this sleep positioner when we first brought him home and when we went to check on him he ended up scooting down somehow to where his face was in between where 2 positoners on the sides are...I freaked out because it looked like he couldnt breath. That was the first and last time we tried something like that.

I've hear of elevating the crib or basinet with books under the legs, or a towel under the mattress. Have any of you tried this and if so did it help?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search