Jan update! How is your LO doing?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran
Ok, So it's time for the January update. How is everyone's LO doing?? Whats the latest news and whats working, and whats not working??

Noah is doing pretty good. I wanted to try and ween him off of the Reglan, but it's not happening..at least not yet. I'll be patient and wait to see his G.I next month. His spiting up is frequent right now, but I think it's just because he is cutting another tooth. He's still on the Enfamil A.R. and still doing the Prevacid 2 times a day as well. Baby food is going good, although some meals he just wants his milk. So I would say that we are starting 2009 off to a good start.

I hope everyone's LO's are doing well and that they have something to relieve their discomfort. I know in the begining of diagnosis it can be so hard and frustrating. I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

~ Jess (Host)

January 12th, 2009, 07:47 AM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
I'm glad to hear Noah's doing so well. Jenna, not so much. This past weekend she actually slept through the night two nights in a row! It was amazing and I was so happy she was finally getting some of the sleep she so desperately needed. But last night it was the same old stuff; squirming around, swallowing bck stomach acid until I picked her up and held her upright...

The G.I. we saw won't put her on Reglan (side effects), but he's kind of a quack anyway because he didn't even know that Zegerid was an immediate release PPI or that Prevacid can be taken with food if suspended in Caracream. Neither he nor her pedi will up her pitiful Prevacid dose. They won't even acknowledge that there's a real problem, despite the fact that I can hear the acid come up, and I can smell it on her breath. Her pedi even went so far as to make like it was MY fault she wasn't sleeping, like I don't keep the house quiet enough. Give me a break. Needless to say, as soon as we can, we're switching doctors.

Noah is certainly a cutie pie and I'm so glad to read he's doing better, especially because it gives me some hope regarding Jenna's situation.

xoxo
Maggi

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

January 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Veteran
Maggi,

I was stunned over what your Pedi said...you need to be able to trust your Pedi and if she is saying things like that then it does sound like a good idea to switch. Wow.
Where does Jenna sleep? Have you tried putting her in the car seat? Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesnt. Some mom's say it put added pressure on their LO's belly - but for us we would give Noah his last bottle of the night, keep him upright in our arms for 30 minutes and then place hi in his car seat - he sleot great in it for 4 months of his life and then when he started to outgrow it we put him in the pack n play and the the sleeping became horrible. He'll sleep the first 4 hours in his bed and then he sleeps with us the rest...its a bad habit but DH and I work demmanding jobs and we will do anything to get some sleep.

What exactly is Jenna's Prevacid dosage? When Noah was first put on it he got 1/2 of a solutab 1 time a day and then in the PM hours he was miserable - now that we do it 2 times a day he does better. If I could go back I wouldnt have put Noah on the Reglan...but it helps him and it works....so you gotta weight the options. I hope Jenna has some better days ahead of her....it will get better.

January 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Dosing has more to do with weight then symptoms etc. Crystal is 22m and only allowed 20mg of Nexium but a higher dose would do well for her but because of the increased risks of overdosing, side effects they are really careful with uping doses. Plus all these meds are not FDA approved for children, they are clinically tested as off label uses for children.

Crystal is doing well. I honestly haven't been around that much (great mom huh). When I am around her breath stinks but really thats after nap or in the morning when she gets up from laying. Her GI appt is the 19th so we shall see what they say. Miralax is back on to daily use because the kid is so constipated. I swear she can't win in the tummy issues.

HOping that Calleigh doesn't have to join the crowd here but won't be shocked either. She spits up but doesn't cry or so they say but her mobility isn't the greatest and struggles to pass poop. So they will bring a GI in to look at her. The poor kid is the million dollar baby I tell ya.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search