new

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Newbies
Hi my name is Tia and my 4 year old DD was dignosed last week with multiple things. She has Acid reflux which she has had her whole life. Bile reflux ,FPIES, and Delayed gastric emptying. She currently Drinks Neocate one and eats stage one baby food only applesauce and pears we get to try baby oatmeal tomorrow, but we don't know how it will go because of her FPIES. Any advice would be great. They have also started her on many medications to help with this all thank you.
March 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Veteran
Seems like a very diffuclt situation. How old is your daughter? Is there are type of surgery that would help?

March 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Newbies
She is 4 and no not at this time the only thing that would help maybe is a G tube. Im hoping that is not going to happen.
March 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Veteran
She is 4 ad only takes baby food? Is this because of the FPIES? Lets pray that he does not need a gastric tube - but as a parent with a child going through this would it upset you if it came down to that? I am sorry to hear of what you guys are going through....I thought my situation was tough, but you made me realize it could be much worse.oes you daughter have trouble gaining weight at all? Is she on any meds?

March 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Newbies
Yes she is only taking baby food because of her FPIES and delayed emptying. She takes Reglan, Actigal, hydroxizine,and Previcid It is difficult to understand so many things but yes she is not gaing weight and she has trouble with eating. She vomits all the time. I wouldn't be upset if she had a feeding tube Just sad for her. I want her to be health and happy. She is so tired all the time they said it most likely she is not getting enough calories in her in a day. Im not sure what our next steps are going to be. What does you DC have? if you don't mind me asking.
Tia
March 20th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Veteran
Tia,

I am very fortunate- My son has silent reflux, but was also born with a cleft palate (a hole in the roof of his mouth - in the soft part). So it has ben a day by day battle, but not nearly as hard as what you have come through. It's hard for me to understand what you and your little girl have gone through and are going through, but my heart goes out to you.

Have the docs talked about giving her something that is high in calories? I know they make different things you can get through a prescription that has alot of calories for weight gain. Was she also diagnosed with failure to Thrive? I know that when babies/kids arent gaining weight they diagnose them with this. So what would the next step be for your daughter? What are the docs telling you?? [/B]
[/B][/COLOR]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search