new here

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my daughter just got dx with reflux today. We are going to start her on zantac and the dr.told me to either try the AR or to put 1/2 tsp of rice cereal in her bottle (she is only drinking 2 1/2 ounces). My last daughter was on ar and its kinda pricey. I have a ton of formula that a friend gave me I am hoping to still use so I was going to try the cereal. I tried it in the last bottle and it clogged and she got frustrated, do I need to buy the fast flow nipples? I use the playtex drop in bottles. I didnt have this problme with the AR. thanks inadvance.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
April 7th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
With the thickening you usually have to buy faster flow nipples or I know DR browns sells cereal nipples designed for this.
Calleigh is on Alimentum and if it wasnt for WIC we would be broke from the formula. Calleigh was born 10wks early and has severe GERD. I was breastfeeding/pumping for her but they found at her GI appt blood in the stool so they ran a bunch of tests and she has a complete milk protien allergy and soy allergy so we are very limited to what she can have. I guess alimentum is broken down so much that there is no milk protein left. She is adjsuting well. I hated it becuase I wanted to pump/BF like I did with the other 2 but such is life. I couldn't get meat, veggies and fruits... everything else was pretty much out unless i bought speciality items and that wasn't even a cure if I made a mistake and got some milk in my system so i just stopped.

Try a faster flow nipple if not DR browns I know has cereal nipples
April 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hi! We mix the rice cereal with juice for Milo. He has a special nipple that he has to use because of suck reflex/palate issues, but it has a "setting" for higher flow. I haven't used any other nipples because he CAN'T use them, but I would guess that it would be a good idea. When he rotates the bottle to the low setting, we hear about it quickly! We have to turn the bottle, unclog the end, then let him have it back, and everyone is happy again!

Good luck! I hope that it works!
April 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also suggest maybe giving the medicine a day or two to start working. For our LO, Zantac worked wonders and we didn't have to do the cereal.

Cara's sweethearts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search