Zantac

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
lostlady21's Avatar Sarah--Joey's mom
My LO was just put on .6 mL of this twice a day. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this medicine.

Thanks ~:Kellirazzi:~ for my beautiful siggie!

April 13th, 2009, 09:49 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hi! I hope that Zantac works for your LO! Mine, unfortunately, did have problems. If anything, it made things worse for him-vomiting instantly when we'd give it to him. I do know, however, that MANY MORE people use it for their children and have great results! You'll probably just want to watch your LO closely, as you would with any medication! Good luck! I hope that it helps and that he gets some comfort!
April 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 8 month old started Zantac when he was about 6 weeks old. I don't remember now how much, but it was twice a day and let me tell you, within a day and a half we noticed a difference. Holy cow! Not sure how bad your son's reflux is, but for us DS was projectile vomitting constantly, before and after he'd spit up he would SCREAM, and during every feeding he was constantly arching his back to the point where it looked like he was trying to do back flips. We ended up having to increase his dose from time to time, whenever he'd go through a growth spurt. I think maybe a total of four or five times. Right before he hit 6 months we took him off. We noticed we hadn't had to increase his dose in awhile - no screaming when he spat up and no back arching. Unfortunately, he is still doing the projectile vomitting which drives DH & I crazy, but he's a happy, healthy baby so we can't complain.
I've had a few other friends who've used Zantac w/ their LO's. It worked for all but one of them, she had to put her LO on Prevacid after trying the Zantac for a couple of weeks.
Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

My 8 month old started Zantac when he was about 6 weeks old. I don't remember now how much, but it was twice a day and let me tell you, within a day and a half we noticed a difference. Holy cow! Not sure how bad your son's reflux is, but for us DS was projectile vomitting constantly, before and after he'd spit up he would SCREAM, and during every feeding he was constantly arching his back to the point where it looked like he was trying to do back flips. We ended up having to increase his dose from time to time, whenever he'd go through a growth spurt. I think maybe a total of four or five times. Right before he hit 6 months we took him off. We noticed we hadn't had to increase his dose in awhile - no screaming when he spat up and no back arching. Unfortunately, he is still doing the projectile vomitting which drives DH & I crazy, but he's a happy, healthy baby so we can't complain.
I've had a few other friends who've used Zantac w/ their LO's. It worked for all but one of them, she had to put her LO on Prevacid after trying the Zantac for a couple of weeks.
Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Cara's sweethearts
April 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
~Veronika~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Moved from San Diego, CA to Issaquah, WA and hating every moment of it!
Send a message via AIM to ~Veronika~ Send a message via MSN to ~Veronika~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Veronika~
My son was on Zantac starting at around 6 to 8 weeks. It was a miracle drug for him. We had to adjust the dosage a few times, but it worked wonders. He's 18 months (today!) and we're weaning him off now.

V. =)

April 24th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
We used it with my first Gerd'ling and didn't work but none of the conventional did she is actually on Nexium adult capsules. She did a clinical trial with her GI and it was a wonder so we never stopped.

Calleigh my second we skipped zantac and the NICU placed her right on Prevacid.

Good luck. All these drugs are hit or miss. It depends on the symptoms the timing etc..
Plus if your NOT giving it on a empty stomach your really not doing much. They dose would be cut by placing in a large bottle or giving on a full stomach.
It should be given 30m prior to eating.
April 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Veteran
Noah was on Zantac for maybe 2 months before we realized it was no longer working. The nurse that was there when he was first diagnosed told us that the Zantac will eventually not work for him anymore - she was right. So he then was put on Prevacid and Reglan and did awsome.

I have to say that Zantac is the worst tasting medicine i have ever tasted in my life - so good luck trying to get your LO to take it - I suggest giving it with a bottle - use the bottle as a "chaser". Thats the only way we could get Noah to take his

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search