Kaylin has Reflux

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2009, 12:40 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
My little one, Kaylin is four months old and has acid reflux. THe pediatrician switched her to Enfamil AR formula and so far we are doing AMAZING with it. She used to spit up constantly, every 15 minutes, all day long... she was so fussy. She was apparently even more miserable than I thought, because now she is a WHOLE new baby!! She is just so much more content.

She did have one rough feeding to day that I could tell it was the reflux bothering her... she was arching her back, pushing away the bottle... but she didn't spit at all, so that was good.

My biggest concern is how constipated she is. Her diaper contents were ROCK solid this morning. And it took a HUGE effort to get it out of her.

If your LO is on AR or a similar formula... what do you do for constipation? Is there anything I can give her or do to help her?

TIA Jenny
June 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
my daughter was taken off breastmilk and placed on alimentum for the soy and milk free.
She hasn't gotten better thou
Glad that baby gal is doing well with the switch. I would call your pediatrician or if you have a GI for her. Ask about something for constipation. If she gets cereal switch to Oatmeal, rice is very binding.
We had to put lactulose in our middle daughters food for a long time she was chronically constipated and now she we have to use miralax.
June 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my DD's name is Kaylyn and she also had acid reflux for the first 8 months...it was horrible. But I just wanted to tell you that every little girl that I have met that is named Kaylyn or Kaylin or Cailyn (however you want to spell it)....has acid reflux.
As for constipation I would ask the doc. GL and hang in there...they will outgrow this!
June 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS1313 View Post
So my DD's name is Kaylyn and she also had acid reflux for the first 8 months...it was horrible. But I just wanted to tell you that every little girl that I have met that is named Kaylyn or Kaylin or Cailyn (however you want to spell it)....has acid reflux.
As for constipation I would ask the doc. GL and hang in there...they will outgrow this!
That is so funny!!

A friend of mine recommended prune juice... just about an ounce added to her bedtime bottle, Her stools were much softer today!

Hopefully this will do the trick.... but I'll be calling the ped if it gets worse.
June 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i would talk to your doc before giving prune juice at that young of an age. Babies, especially reflux babies have a very sensitive stomach and juice can be very hard to digest.

I only speak from experience, both my boys, 7and 3 have had reflux since they were born. most kids grow out of it but mine didnt and probably never will

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
June 2nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowdy View Post
i would talk to your doc before giving prune juice at that young of an age. Babies, especially reflux babies have a very sensitive stomach and juice can be very hard to digest.

I only speak from experience, both my boys, 7and 3 have had reflux since they were born. most kids grow out of it but mine didnt and probably never will
ditto my 2.5r old didnt get juice until 12m

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search