Danica's appointment *good news*

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 09:36 AM
leafygreenveg's Avatar Steph
So we went in for an appointment today to check on Danica. She's been having problems with her little belly. SO the doctor thinks she might be lactose intolerant, and suggested we go back on the soy formula. Now the soy formula made her constipated but she was much happier on that. So here are my instructions: Soy formula, 20 calorie doses (normal doses now that her weight is good) with 1/2 teaspoon of Molasses in every bottle. Also to give her suppositories every night if she doesn't have a bowel movement during the day. And we'll see how that goes. She has another appointment in a month so they'll check her then. I'm just glad they listened to me. I had such a tough time getting them to listen to me previously about her belly aches.

AND... (my joy of the day) she's 11lbs 7oz!!!! She's gained almost 3lbs in a month! And about 8lbs since birth! YAY! They said she's about the 25 percentile (I think)

So wish us luck on the soy formula! Hopefully she'll be comfier and less screamy.
In other good news my friend is having her little boy today! Danica has been waiting to meet Trevor for a long time!

Despite the gloomy day, today is a good day

Thank you Heatherw97 for the amazing siggy
June 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
shes gaining great.... can she come teach Calleigh. Calleigh is between 10.15 n 11.2 at 5m but up from 3lb at birth so cant complain.

If you dont want to give her suppositories n molasses in every bottle, alimentum is milk free and soy. calleigh is milk protein n soy intolerant. its freaking expensive thou if you cant get WIC.
29$ for a 16oz can
its great news ....

oh or they can give you a script for enulose, its basically molasses but insurance covers it n its clear tasteless. my middle was on that until we moved to miralax.

kup on her progress!!!pm email me anytime i think i might have my yahoo messanger on my profile too lol
June 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
leafygreenveg's Avatar Steph
I'm OK with the molasses right now, if I don't see change before her July 8th appointment I'll ask that something be changed. We're not on WIC because DH makes like 100 dollars too much a month, I believe, which is tough because most of his paycheck is gone before we see it anyway. And My stepdaughter's Mom is petitioning for more child support, because she's out of a job, which stinks too. We're going to try a different Similac type, I have a ton of 5$ off coupons for them so I guess we'll try Similac first and then move on to something else. I do want to get off the suppositories though, I'm hoping that she tolerates the soy better this time around. If not, we'll keep trying! At least we have somewhere to start!

Thank you Heatherw97 for the amazing siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search