New Here

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone!

I am new to this board so I thought I would introduce myself. I am Lisa, DH is Dustin and we just had our first baby boy Nathan 4 weeks ago. He was born 3 weeks early. We have been having issues with him spitting up, projectile vomiting, excessive gas, gasping for air, etc. Today we had his one month check up and the Dr. presrcibed Zantac .5 ml 2X a day.
I have been pumping and mixing bm with formula but we are going to have to do the switch to formula soon since my milk supply is very low. We have tried Similac Advance (from the hospital) but it made his symptoms worse. Then I switched to Nestle good start, but that doesn't seem to be working either. The Dr. told me to try either Gentlease or Insomil (soy). I'm wondering if you guys have had expereince with either of these? Let me know what you think.

Hopefully we will get this under control. I hate to see my little guy in pain! He's such a good baby, we just need to get this under control!

June 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my youngest son has a milk protein allergy and it always makes his reflux worse, Try the soy formula, but know that it will take a little while for him to adjust to any formula, so switching from one to another to another can make him feel worse. also, the zantac will help with the pain of things, but dont expect the vomiting to go away, it is only there to help it not hurt him or damage his esophagus. Most babies grow out of reflux after a few months, mine didnt, but he is the exception to every rule

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
June 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Hello and welcome.
sorry it took so long for me to respond but the board isnt showing new post for me again

Calleigh was taken off BM because she has a complete milk and soy allergy so we had to go on Similac Alimentum. Its the only only our GI would try OTC before moving to prescription. shes my first on formula so this is all new to me. I pumped 12m for the other two. Calleigh was born 10weeks early and in her nicu stay they got it uncontrol with medicines and we see a GI every 2-3 weeks for her. My other daughter Crystal was born 8 weeks early and although i noticed it right away they didnt believe me. Crystal is 2.5 yrs old n still sees the GI monthly.
We have been on all the meds under the sun my 2 yr old only had success on nexium and my other is doing ok now on axid and prevacid.
9-11 months is the golden age they say but there are kids that will have issues for life, crystal my 2 yr old is one of them. They monitor her with routine scopes and probes so we at least know the damage is severe yet.
Hopefully you can find a formula that works and the meds help with the pain. Puking will be there, it never goes away 100%. Crystal still pukes she just swallows it now
Good luck if you need anything just ask away! im a open book and will share all my experience from the last 2.5yras.
Best advice get a GI a ped is great yes but he hasnt had the training the knowldege of the conditions like a GI. My theory on is if you break a leg you going to a orthopedic or a family doctor? I would go to bone because he knows it its his speciality!

Infantrefluxdisease.com might have information on formulas and testimonals on parents etc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search