Someone Please help!

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2010, 10:59 PM
horrormoviefan
I'm new here. Posted the othre night but it was deleted when the system updated. I have a 4 week old baby. He was 5 weeks premature and has reflux, apparently horrible reflux. He was started on zantac thursday and so far its done nothing. I know we need prevacid but him being so young, the dr is hesitant and wanted this first. Tonight he had a feed around 10:30 pm and over an hr later he started spitting up. He drank almost 4 oz, which was way too much. Usually he takes 3 oz. So we were in bed and all of a sudden he goes stiff and I don't hear anyhting. I turned him over and he vommited out his mouth and nose so forcefully. I freaked out, Took him to the er, as per drs request, and I wasn't happy. They ran no tests to see how bad the reflux is. Just said it's likely he'll stop breathing again but he should clear it out and breath again. ***? I'm supposed to be reassured by that? Then he says Alexander has thrush. How he got that I cannot imagine but they said he can from my breast pump? So he's on nystatin now and I have to boil all nipples and pacis daily. I am so terrified to sleep for fear he'll stop breathing again. My twins had reflux but never like this.
January 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Miss Ava has really bad reflux, what I did is buy a wedge (I got mine at Target for like 20 bucks) and I lay her on her side facing me in her co sleeper. Anytime she spits up, I hear it and I can change the cloth diaper I use as a spit up rage under her.

Hope this helps a little?

January 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
lurker: if it only happened once I would not be too concerned, it it happens more often, I would DEMAND you see a GI. If you need a referral or if you can jsut make an appointment, so be it.
Also have your doctor write a prescription for a wedge. They are better inclined for a severe reflux baby and your insurance will pay for it.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search