Chiropractic care for reflux babies?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone tried a chiro?If so,did u see a difference?
Thanks
March 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
THE angry uterus
I don't usually visit this board, but I happened to see this post on the main board and had to reply. Yes, we took our son to a chiropractor and saw results within a few weeks. We took him in 2x a week (should have taken him in three, but I had to work) and within two weeks his constant drooling was minimal, the spitting up was greatly reduced, and he was soooo much happier! After a mo or so we took him once a week, then once every two weeks, and after about four mo we didn't need to take him in anymore and he was off his zantac syrup.

Our ped refused to give him something else for his pain and said it was just his temperment. I refused to believe her and I'm so glad I did. Babies don't show pain as a temperment! We eventually switched peds too. I remember I could run my fingers up his spine and when I got to between his shoulderblades he would cringe and scream, so his back was hurting him and causing irritating nerves that caused his GERD.

Our Chiropractor said that babies with difficult labors/deliveries (even with c-section deliveries) are usually colicy and have issues because of the issues during labor/delivery. For me, I had scar tissue and wouldn't dilate. I had such strong contractions I was screaming (he was my fourth and was much worse then natural labor). I dilated fairly slowly for the strength of my contractions and I'm certian the force of them is what caused the problems he had.

If you want to talk to me more, feel free to PM me. I'm not sure I'll remember to check back for replies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search