Did your reflux baby show signs of reflux at every feeding or every day or less?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 09:24 AM
sweets's Avatar Super Mommy
I took my daughter to the pediatrician yesterday and she was prescribed Prevacid for reflux. She has been showing symptoms over the past two weeks and feedings have been a struggle. All weekend was a nightmare and Monday night was really bad (lots of fussing at breast, hitting me, pulling my hair, screaming, arching her back, crying).

Then we got home yesterday and the pharmacies were closed (so I have to wait till today to get the prescription). However, last night there was no fussing, screaming, crying or arching.

Yet in the night she woke up screaming and choking and then this morning she spat up a lot (unusual for her).

I just don't want her on medication if she does not have reflux.

PS. She also gained only six ounces in the past two weeks.

Could she still have it if feedings are good sometimes?

----------------------------------------
Kylie (37), DH (35) Married since September 5, 2009
DD Chloe born at 28 weeks on April 10, 2010.

Last edited by sweets; September 1st, 2010 at 09:28 AM.
September 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did they check her ears for infection? Or is she teething, I know her adjusted age would be a little early for teething but some babies have teeth starting to move at 2-3 months old. And what sympoms is she showing that is leading the Pedi to think reflux and when do they show up? For us Gabe would reflux after every meal with vomiting and severe pain. He was also a compulsive eater since the milk was soothing he wanted to be swallowing all the time, although many babies present with an oral aversion because of the pain. My next question is about your supply, have you had less noticable letdown or less or no leaking when you were previously leaky? A supply issue can usually be solved by herbs or diet change but if she's having a hard time getting letdown she could be getting frustrated at the breast.

Last edited by kruff79; September 1st, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
September 2nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wesley also refluxed at every feeding, and screamed in pain no matter what, starting at birth.

If she is getting too much milk, it can cause discomfort and lots of spitting up. My lactation consultant always asks questions about milk supply before having a mom start meds. Teething also can be to blame, as the above poster mentioned.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
September 6th, 2010, 07:58 AM
npayne's Avatar Veteran
Natalie has severe reflux, but she doesn't scream & arch her back with every feeding.

October 2nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Zombiie Send a message via Yahoo to Zombiie
Your LO sounds just just my LO symptom wise, it's a nightmare feeding her! When my LO isn't on her medicine she arches her back, chokes, screams every feeding.

How is the Prevacid working? Did you end up giving her the medicine?

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
October 5th, 2010, 06:54 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Abri had symptoms after every feeding and all night long starting at just one week old. She spit up tons to the point where I took her to the doctor thinking she had to be dehydrated. She always wanted to nurse because the milk was soothing, but the more she ate the more she spit up and the more she screamed. She screamed most of the day, but the arching happened immediately after feedings. She never slept more than an hour at a time between feedings at night because it hurt her to lay flat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search